Pocher 1/8 Scale Testarossa in progress | FerrariChat

Pocher 1/8 Scale Testarossa in progress

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Scaledetails, Sep 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I thought some of you would like to see the best of the best 1/8 scale Pocher Testarossas being finished for a car show.....Enjoy the pics....

Stephane
    Scaledetails

2. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    WOW excellent work there!
    Kinda reminds me of the 1/8th F40 that was being built over on AF.
    Awesome work, please post pics of the completed car!

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice work. I wish I could afford it. :)

4. tonin0804

tonin0804 Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    All i can say is... WOW!!!
    Wonderful job there. Congrats.
    Don't forget to show us some more pics!!!

5. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Beautiful work Stephane - I saw your incredible TR engines on ebay recently.

Make sure you do something to stiffen the rear suspension - every Pocher TR Ive seen squats way too much.

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    True, though my Pocher F40 has that problem at the front.

7. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    THIS IS A AMAZING....WHOAUUUUUU...
    GREAT JOB...WELL DONE.....

8. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    WOW! Thats more detailed then the real one! ;-)

9. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    WOW, NICE WORK, GREAT MODEL.

one question, is the exhaust on the engines made out of metal or is it plastic.
    how heavy is the engine?

George.

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Wow, great work.... thanks for sharing.

One thing, is that where the lock knobs are in the Testarossa? In the 355 they are back towards the rear of the door.

11. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    hey everyone-quick ques i haven't seen one of these models in approx. 6 years- if i'm not mistaken, weren't these models offered as spyder(as shown in photos,and normal roof version?) also i seem to recall exterior color options in red,ylw,blk,and white is that correct? where can one of these models be purchased?(i know that the whole reason to by a kit like these was to do the assembly by yourself, did anyone ever sell these as ASSEMBLED models??)-did i read something about this same company making f-40 models in the 1/8 scale(or any other exotics in this same scale:mclaren,ferrari250gto,etc.-and finally , what is the current market price for one of these un-assembled kits??-thanks for any feedback to my ques. above!!!

12. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Coupe in red, yellow, black , white(?)
    Spyder in red & white
    Targa in yellow only. Pretty rare.

You can get one on EBAY pretty easily. Not nearly as pricey as the superior F40.
    Testor's sold a repackaged one also. Came in an incredibly cheap box but same kit.
    Some of the kits had poor paint- QC wasn't Pocher's strong point for awhile.

Buy one & build it yourself. Preassembled kits don't ship very well from my experience.

13. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thank you everyone for the nice comments, I will be posting more photos as the progress continues.....Just to answer some of the questions, this particular model is a spider version, although Pocher is more known for the TR coupes, but I chose the spider so the interior can be seen at every angle possible....I also placed a metal engine block in there, which is obviously not stock, as the entire kits is plastic except for the body, and the engine with exhaust will weigh nearly 2 lbs alone.....I prefer using as much raw metal as possible in the engine bay, as it looks so much better than painted plastic.....I also stiffened the rear suspension as most of the weight will be in the rear anyway.....
    I think the door locks are in the same position as the actual car.....As for the kits availability, Ebay is a great source, these were mass produced, and as "Pwhemer" recommended, don't buy a built one as they don't ship very well, unless shipped by a professional.....
    Thanks again, and look for more shots very soon!! I plan on using the Pocher F40 wheels to give it a more aggressive look, and by the way, the finished model will be on display at Italian car day on October 2nd in Duluth, GA @ Kurt's restaurant, which is one of the biggest Italian car shows in Georgia.....

Stephane Pedaggi
    Scaledetails

14. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney

Coooool that means I might see it!

Chesney

15. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior