355 sticky goo removal | FerrariChat

355 sticky goo removal

Discussion in '348/355' started by f355 Nashville, Sep 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355 Nashville

f355 Nashville Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    Nashville, Tn.
    Full Name:
    Ting
    i found a spray that will take the sticky goo right off the 355 surfaces. it doesnt damage the plastic under the sticky paint like turpantine and it works 10x better than goo gone. on one website its called "tri-clean"
    heres a link

http://www.worlduph.com/semdye.htm

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    what sticky stuff was on the 355?

3. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Thanks for the info....just ordered a can.

I'm going to re-do my entire car...see thread in tech under "355 bubbling center consol" by Pete Delany.

Any useful tips regarding application? After spraying what did you use? Scraper blade or teflon pad or what?

Frank

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Frank,

I believe that you must drink a minimum of 3 beers before applying ;)

Take pic's - even though I ordered the part from Pete - mine has yet to bubble or start to get sticky yet - I am just preparing for my day - cause I know it will come.

Hope all is well,
    Rich

5. f355 Nashville

f355 Nashville Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    Nashville, Tn.
    Full Name:
    Ting
    i accidently discovered this stuff. i bought some leather dye, for my mercedes steering wheel... they suggested that i use this tri-clean stuff to clean the leather surface before i spray the dye on. i saw some paint on the vin number plate on the top of the steering column.. so i tried to get it off with the tri clean.. i didnt expect the stuff to melt the sticky goo like it did. so i started with cleaning off the vin number plate to taking off the sticky steering column cover (which i had given up on) and cleaning it off completely.

all i did was spray the tri-clean on the surfaces. then scraped with a credit card, and finished off with a clean towel. i did the steering column this way. a few months ago i did the ac control, shifter surround and ash tray cover with goo gone and turpintine, what took me 6 hours to do would only take 30 minutes if i had the tri-clean spray. i am swearing by this stuff. let me know how it works for you.

6. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    OK - I'll post comments when done. I know it's a slow and messy project.

Richard - Of course I'll take pix step by step and post..I think there's about 15 of us.

Pete's last post said the cover should be ready today (21st) so I expect to begin next week...the same time Tri-Clean arrives. They are in CA and can only ship via ground. I'm guessing 3-4 days for the entire project.