Someone help. Major fraud. | FerrariChat

Someone help. Major fraud.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by matt, Sep 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matt

matt Karting

Nov 3, 2003
  2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Contact ebay immediately and they'll pull it. Good luck.

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

email and/or call ebay. Tell them what is occurring, if asked, provide them with proof of the fraud. THEN: call the US postal authorities, and make a complaint. Watch what happens next, you'll enjoy hearing about what happens to this guy (or gal).

Art

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    report it as fraud to ebay. they're pretty quick these days to shut that stuff down.

doody.

5. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    wow--a 10 cyl. 360....see something new each day. Good Luck Matt.

6. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    The "seller" is confused about the engine although that is the least of his problems (like postal authorities). Is it a "10-cylinder," maybe straight from Schummi's Sunday company car or that 6 liter V8 mentioned in the text of the write-up? Maybe he'll try to sell the original engine. Jail this fu@#er!!

KevFla

7. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Anybody who's got e-bay account should report him....I will right now...

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  9. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Hey Matt shoud I bid on it

Wade

10. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Is is a made-up SN or did they steal that along with the pics?

11. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    thats crazy man CRAZY!

12. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Notice the seller has been on eBay for 1 week and zero FBs?

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I've contacted Ebay

14. matt

matt Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks for everyone's help. I want to nail this guy.

15. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    No problem.................

Ebay Chat ------------

Your chat session started.

Craig W.: Hi, my name is Craig. Welcome to eBay Motors Live Chat! How can I help you?

ecmoreno: Are you a rep from ebay? I believe this auction is a fruad

ecmoreno: fraud

Craig W.: Let's take a look. Do you have the item number available?

ecmoreno: 2490723331

Craig W.: I am with eBay, yes

ecmoreno: I've been contacted by the owner of this car

Craig W.: Thank you for the report. I have referred the listing to the account security department for review. Please be assured that they will take the appropriate action about the report. Please be aware that eBay urges caution when purchasing high-priced items, especially if the price seems too good to be true! Some recent items listed on eBay Motors have been the result of an unauthorized account takeover of a member's account. We appreciate our member’s assistance in keeping eBay a save and fun environment.

ecmoreno: This is not his auction.... someone has posted his car. Also, the car is not a 10 cyl

Craig W.: Ok. I will add that to the report. This helps us keep the site safe.

ecmoreno: What can I expect? Should I wait until they pull it?

Craig W.: Yes. The listing will be researched and pulled, likely within the hour.

ecmoreno: Ok Craig... thanks. Is my email on the report incase they have any questions?

Craig W.: It is not, but I can add it if you like. What is the email address that was used to register your account?

ecmoreno: [email protected]

Craig W.: Thanks. I will add that to the report.

ecmoreno: Just trying to be helpful

Craig W.: You bet! Have we answered all the questions you have today? I'm happy to help with other issues!

ecmoreno: anything else you need or are we done?

Craig W.: I have all I need! The report has been filed at this point!

Craig W.: Thanks for using eBay's Live Chat and I wish you the best luck in the future!

The agent ended your chat session.

-------------------------------

I don't know that you'll nail him, but the auction should be removed shortly.

16. matt

matt Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    You kick ass. Thanks.

17. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I won a Stainless Steel Kitchaid Architect Frig on ebay for around $2300. I started picking up on the scam when i did some investigating into the "Escrow" company that the guy wanted me to use. It was registered through Internic and showing as a week old, yet it said that it was in business since 93'...I never let the guy onto the fact that i was onto his scam. I told him i wanted to pick the frig up in person, of which he wouldnt do this. I even called the FBI and wanted them to set up a sting and nail the guy...I had done all the research for them! I had the guy's phone number in Mass. as well as the fake phone number he set up for the Escrow company in New York. The address that he had listed in NY was an address for a model agency. THE FBI WOULDNT PURSUE IT! They said, 'dont send the guy the money'...i was like...why dont you nail this guy?...IMO, this guy didnt get me...but he will get someone eventually and the FBI just snubbed there nose at it. Look at your scam, the car is still listed on Ebay and someone could be defrauded out of 160,000 dollars....I wouldnt mind driving to Ohio in my ferrari and running this guy over...

18. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i purchased your car with the buy it now option. i'll be by to pickup it up tonight.

19. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Unfortunately, the FBI is swamped and although you handed this guy over on a silver platter, they still couldn't pursue it. It's a shame, because your probably correct that he will try again. I don't know but may be next time call your congressmans' office and see if they can push the FBI into action.

Matt, I'm just returning the favor....... I've received a lot of help here on FChat.

20. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Someone should try contacting the seller and start asking some questions. Try to get some info about him/her. I'll bet it's some 17 year old who's been cruzing the boards, came to the photos, downloaded them and then is passing it off as his.

Sad to hear about the FBI though.

21. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Matt said he emailed the guy with no response. So, I wouldn't expect to hear from him. If you do get a reply, be sure to keep the email. The header information might provived someone here w/enough info to go after him.

22. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Anyone know fortunemotors out of Charlotte N.C.? They just bid on the car and have a 328GTS listed on ebay. All I know is an apperent interest in gymnastics.......

23. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The VIN is bogus as far as a CS is concerned:

VIN: ZFFYT53A240136178
    Year/Make/Model: 2004 FERRARI 360 SPIDER/SPIDER F1
    Body Style: Convertible
    Engine Type: 3.6L V8 DOHC 40V
    Manufactured In: ITALY

24. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That Wade Nunez here on FCHAT or 308nut. He is onto the scam as he has posted in this thread

25. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I'm winning, I'm winning!
    I'm only a couple of hours from Clyde, OH, so I can have a friend drive me down to pick up the car! Nobody else outbid me, I want this car! LOL