Best Gasoline in PHX area? | FerrariChat

Best Gasoline in PHX area?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by FerrariFrank1, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    What is/are the Best Gasoline Brand(s) out there in the Phoenix Area that you would use in your Ferrari?

Up here,I only use Amoco Ultimate 93 Octane. If I'm not near an Amoco when I need Gas,my second choice is Shell 93 Octane.

I can't recall all of the Gas Brands that I've used when I am out there.(ARCO is one )

I haven't had my Ferrari out there yet on a visit to all of the Family. But,just might this Year...:) Thanks!

2. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    As per Andy Falbo and Alex Traverso's (my mechanic as well as many of our local gurus servicing F-cars best locals) advise I only fuel up at the Conaco on the Beeline highway just north of Shea (its reservation land and NOT subject to emmmisions manditory miscellanious fueladitives "ethenol/alchohol" or what ever it is ) therefore better fuel for what the F-car was designed for less issues and burns cooler.

As far as if Im in Phoenix I ONLY will partially fill at MOBIL TEXACO ect w/ a large chain name (IMO there attention to detail as well as rules and testing monthly insure a better product)
    Say no to AM/PM's etc.

Thats all I got.

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    $1.89 today a few miles from where MY355 fills up. This was at a Chevron.

4. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ

Hey if anyone knows of any other "reservation " land fuel stations please post em''Thanks
    MY355

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks,Guys. Yes,I usually use a Large Name Brand Station. But,didn't know which Chains are plentiful out there. Different than up here. That one on the Res. sounds great.

Up here,Shell and Amoco are the most plentiful,as far as Name Brands go. Starting to see more Marathon Stations. But,I don't use that.

And some of the Big name brands that you used to see alot of are getting rarer and rarer by the day-Mobil. Union 76. Phillips 66. Clark. You can't barely find one of them any more. Sunoco? All gone.

Lots of Budget Stations like -Road Pilot. Thorntons. Speedway..

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Not so fast!!!!! 90% of all of the Gasoline shipped to the Valley originates from the Chevron refinery in El Paso, Tx. Dont forget the great fuel shortage not so long ago. The pipeline that broke was comming from that refinerey. There is no difference between the fuel brands other than the cleaning additives that are added along with the Ethanol or MTBE when the fuel arrives at the tank farms out of the pipelines. Shell, Texaco, QuikTrip, Mobil, and chevron all run higher levels of cleaning additives in there fuels than the goverment requires ARCO runs a mix of methanol along with stoddard solvent for a cleansing additive ARCO is just a good as the rest when it comes to quality of fuel except when the vehicle is in storage for more than 3-4 weeks then it starts to varnish up in the injectors and carbs.

Rob

7. Adeotec

Adeotec Karting

May 11, 2004
    Philadelphia PA
    I have heard the same thing from several people.

8. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    Alright Iron Maiden !!! LOL (Big Fan myself "1984 Piece of Mind tour")
    but thats the info I got from Both of them. in a rather lengthy conversation.

ROCK ON!!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. So,I gather that the answer to my question is Chevron. Thanks.