JCT 600 LEEDS - OPINIONS PLEASE ? | FerrariChat

JCT 600 LEEDS - OPINIONS PLEASE ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stimmers360, Sep 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

If there is something that really annoys me about buying these expensive cars, is salesmen who take one look at you and decide that you dont have the money to buy a car and therefore wont deal with you. I simply cant understand this mentality, and JCT in Leeds is the worst i have ever seen. Quite a few years ago i went with my father as he decided he wanted his first Ferrari, he wanted a 550. Spoke with a salesman, told him what he wanted and said find me that and i'll buy it. Nobody got back to him in a month so he went to Marranello and bought one there. My mother went into the Porsche section at JCT to look at a 911, nobody spoke to her for 25 mins. She left bought a B3 Alpina from BMW Sytner in Sheff. Few years later i went to buy a 360 F1 Modena , i am quite a young Ferrari driver admittedly but was annoyed that nobody would give me any help. Went to Marranello and bought a Red 360. I now want to get a 360 Spider, so in the last two weeks i have been to JCT 3 TIMES and how many people have helped me, NONE !!! NOT ONE SALESMAN WANTED TO TAKE TIME OUT OF DOING NOTHING TO HELP ME. I was so angry i got in my car and drove straight to the new Graypaul centre in Nottingham. Absolutely superb facility, wonderful staff and in particular a salesman called Gary Atkin. A guy who had a red 360 Spider on order had gone to jail, so i managed to take his order and have a brand spanking new red Ferrari 360 Spider coming in December. I am so glad i drove to Nottingham who will now get all our Ferrari family business.
    Has anyone esle had problems with JCT or is it just my family they dont like ?
    Just want to add, Graypaul will pick up your car where ever it is for servicing and drop it back after, perfect for me living between London and Leeds !

2. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    ....wankers !

3. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    hey dave they are not that good

4. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    I went to JCT 600 in Newcastle to buy a Jeep.
    They werent interested so i went and bought a new Range Rover instead.
    I then went to show them it!!!!!!!!
    How i laughed!

5. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

thats the way to do it! Its amazing in this competitve world that companies like this stay in business!

6. chris_crossley

Mar 3, 2004
    Where did you get you 360 from stevep? Is it F1 or manual. Where do you get it serviced.

Only asking cos i might be looking next year :)

7. KnobbySP1

KnobbySP1 Karting

Mar 12, 2004
    Leeds, England
    Full Name:
    Ian Thomason
    Service Desk/Staff at JCT600 Leeds are superb and very responsive as too looking after people.

Take all the above and reverse it for the sales side....

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    One of my best friends is Lotus Sales Manager at JCT, I told him about this post so the Ferrari team will be accessing this site later, be interesting if you get a phone call....

9. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

graypaul mate, they are the business and nothing is too much trouble, mines f1 and I love it

10. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

good they may realise that people are not happy with their customer service, i ahve had no issues with them apart from the rediculous price they offered me for my 355 gts, i might as well of greased my arse so they could pull my pants down easier

11. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

pm me if you wanna contact within graypaul who will look after you

12. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    You are all lucky that You have different places to go,imagine You have been really badly treated but have nowhere else to go,absolute nightmare.
    Dave Mc

13. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Simon, how you doing, its Chris, i met you at the Lambo day at Millbrook and the other day when your Orange Merci popped into my rear view mirror. Hows the car going, enjoying it ?

14. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Small world mate!! Yea its a mad car, its done so many miles, its in for its first service on Wednesday! They think i'm crazy at Lambo Manchester! Hows the 360 doing? Is the barchetta due next year or 2006? I don't think you'll regret buying that for 1 minute, it'll be a stunning looking car.Keep in touch Chris

15. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Simon, the 360 is due for a big service next week, not looking forward to that one. Yeah the Gallardo Barchetta i think will be 2006 , so quite a way off yet. Managed to get in on a cancelled order for a 360 Spider which is coming in December which was good news and the DB9 Volante should be April next year, so gotta start earning to pay for them ! ha ha.
    Saw the pics of the night out in Leeds you guys had, wouldnt mind joining in sometime, i do live in London but spend a lot of time up that way, i'll keep a look out !
    Saw that guy in his Enzo in Shepley the other day ! Wouldnt mind one of those !

16. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    An Enzo in Shepley!! Holy ****. Its like New Mill, we've only recently got rid of horses and carts and had telephones installed. I'll let you know when the next drive out is, I suspect mid Oct. You did well with that DB9. Lovely lovely car.Which are you gonna keep & which are you going to sell?

17. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Yeah i got a demo drive in a DB9 the other day, it really is a fantastic car. I'll have to see how the finances are going at the time, ideally i'd run the Lambo and the DB9 but Lambo is a way off yet, not sure if i can financially support a DB9 and 360, we'll have to see how things are start of next year.
    Yeah the Enzo belongs to the CEO of the telecoms company Hutchinson, think his name is Ian Wade. He has a mill in Skelmanthorpe full of Ferrari's and Maserati's including F50, F40, Enzo and mint california Spyder. He sponsors a friend of mine who is a racing driver so going to try and get in and have a look sometime.
    Keep me posted on the mid October Ride out!

18. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Went in to JCT at Leeds a few months back to pick up a badge for the car, went in dressed in work gear; rigger boots, company polo shirt, dirty (though not soiled!) trousers, etc...the reception staff looked and spoke to me as if I was a alien or a vagrant!

It amazes me that people really do still judge by appearances.

Best Regards

Martyn.

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    martyn didnt know they new you that well at JCT he he he
    are you off to donnington this weekend for the porsche racing series????

20. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    The Testarossa I bought had been serviced by JCT in 98 cos the car had been laid up for a long time, they mopped it to bring the colour back and went through to the undercoat, yes I would say there useless. Ive since had the front bumper resprayed by a local chap ( non Ferrari) and it now looks the bollocks.

360 Eh! You Lucky Sod

21. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Evening Steve

Am not going to Donnington, are you journeying there?

Thanks

MOD.

22. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    if i get the car fixed yes ordered a clutch today as the release bearing siezed and fcuked the clutch stripped it today had the bearing and the crankshaft oil seal but the clutch was not worth putting back in as it didnt have much life left

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    by the way ordered clutch from JCT was covered in oil and muck in jeans and t shirt covered in grease but they was ok with me but i did it on the phone

24. chris_crossley

Mar 3, 2004
    Hi,

Last time i went in i bought a Masser and had no problem with test drive e.t.c. Don't remeber what i was actually wearing but seem to remember being my usual casual (Now be nice) self. i.e. Jeans n t'shirt, bit scruffy. Still bought it.

This time i'm going in for a 360. Sent him an email from work today. So i'll let you know how they treat me. Won't be getting it till next year anyway. Spoke to the lotus guy as the ferrari bloke was busy. Wonder how many times they here "Can i take it for a drive, got the money, honest". Still todays average jo could be next weeks lottery winner. So it would make sense to be nice.

The only hassle we had was service/paint repair. Not impressed so far and still waiting for an airvent after two months.

25. chris_crossley

Mar 3, 2004
    Are we taking bets on how long they will take to call, if ever?

Still waiting :(