"RIDE FOR CHARITIES" | FerrariChat

"RIDE FOR CHARITIES"

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I am planning on organizing an event called "RIDES FOR CHARITIES". It will be an event to give people(donors) rides in exotic cars for their donations to the FOUR SAFE WHEELS FOUNDATION (www.FourSafeWheels.org).

Anyone interested in participating in this event? All you need to do is give a couple of people rides in your cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.) for a few minutes. We will have waivers for them to sign for the liability issues.

Each donors will donate $10~25 for a five minute ride in the cars of their choice. Your help to help out a good cause in this fundraising event would be greatly appreciated!

The date/time/location will be posted in the near future. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me at 310-927-7410, or at [email protected].

Patrick

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I dont have a cool car, but if there is anything I can do to help out, let me know. Im anxious to contribute in any way!

Edit: By the way, will rides be given on closed or protected streets? Might be safer and more fun...

3. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    If a blue/white Dodge Viper GTS Coupe is considered an exotic, I would be very happy to help. Drop me a note to [email protected] with the details.

I hope that everyone will be willing to pitch in for a great charitable cause. I have friends with classic muscle cars and newer high performance cars that would also be happy to help if needed.

Brad

4. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Great!!! Of course Vipers are welcome! I think some classic American Muscles would be great cars for the event, too.

5. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Anyone with time/location recommendations for the event? Also I'd really appreciate any inputs from you guys to make it a successful event!

6. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
  7. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    What about an E36 M3?

8. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
  9. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    We don't have date/time/location set yet. I'll post it ASAP.

Patrick

10. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Anyone still interested? If I get more interest (need at least 10 cars), I will set this up.

Also, anyone have info about how to get access to the El Toro airfield? I know Cadillac did a couple of promotion events there recently, and Dick Marconi used to use it for fun time to time. I think that might be a good place for the event.

Thanks!

11. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I'd be interested. Only have a GT4, though, so it's not the latest and the greatest, but still lots of fun.

Dom

12. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I think in order to generate interest you have to set it up first...with an actual day, time, etc.

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Logistically I think the Tustin MCAS would be better for an event like this. They have held SCCA events at Tustin before, and the smaller facility might be easier to obtain.

14. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    if time and Date allow I'm in