Thinking about selling my car | FerrariChat

Thinking about selling my car

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dom, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    OK, well not really. But I'm thinking about putting some ads on autotrader or something, asking for a really outrageous price (say $100,000+ for my GT4), and waiting for one of these internet scammers to send me a bogus check. Maybe I can play around with them a little. In the end, I will keep the check and frame it, just to have something cool.

Do I have too much free time?

The only problem I can see is eventually a thread will show up here on Fchat about someone asking a ridicuolous amount for a Gt4, yada, yada, yada.

Dom

2. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    just do it!!

john

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Dom, you scared the hell out of me :(

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    You should have posted this in the Rossa subscribed section so the general public wouldn't know of your devious scheme to lure scammers.

Do it anyway. Interested to see what developes.:p

5. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    are you calling me the general public??

john

6. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Sure is a shame that no one has figured out a way to really have fun with the scammers. Surely they can be chased for defrauding the bank that they get to issue the cashier's checks that don't have any money behind them.

Surely someone on f-chat, with a little extra time can figure a way to d^$k them around.

7. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    my favorite scam is this. some company inadvertently deposited 60k into our acct and called us and said we wire transfered 60k by accident can you please send us 40k worth of product and after the bank says everything is ok you can send us the difference. we told them no way, wait two weeks until the bank clears your transfer and then we will send it, after many calls about how we were scamming them by keeping their money, they just stoped calling. we called the bank the first day and told them we thought it was fake. it was this scamming thing is getting out of hand.

john

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Not specifically John.:p

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    This can be done if you have undeniable evidence and somebody from the right government agency willing to invest the time to nail these people.