308 Hard Brakelines | FerrariChat

308 Hard Brakelines

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lou staller, Sep 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    What is the ID for the hard brake lines on a 308 QV? I'm not asking about the rubber or replacement s/s lines but the hard lines that run through the chassis tubes and along the chassis rails. Does any one know if they can be replaced with standard US mild steel/stainless steel lines? If so what ID?

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    It's metric bubble flare. Comes in multiple lengths. No big deal to change. Remember paint doesn't like brake fluid.
    Philip

3. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Not sure of ID, but it's ordered in 10m rolls and is 3/16" OD steel as std. The QV has a plastic coating on it's line but I've never found a supplier for that. In AUS, we have to use steel. But in UK "Cuniper" is really good...it's an alloy of copper and tin I think. Not sure of US regs for brake lines..

The nuts are M10x1

4. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Thanks for the input guys. I just returned from Napa with a 25' roll of 3/16 mild steel brake line. So, this weekend looks like a cut, bend and flare event!
    pma1010: My car is apart sitting on a dolly in primer so access is not going to be a problem. And with the old lines already out it's as simple as slipping in the new lines. But thanks for the warning about paint not liking brake fluid. I don't like brake fluid either!