Ferrari Enzo in a movie. Well .... almost ... | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo in a movie. Well .... almost ...

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by evandaalen, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    I don't want to start another thread regarding "Ferraris in movies" (just search the archives!), but I thought that this might be interesting for our friend NNO and the other Enzo spotters.

It's regarding the great movie "The Punisher". At a certain moment, a black sportscars enters the driveway of a large club. I think this is a Ferrari 348 Spider, although it's hard to see. Right after that (if you have very good eyes), you will see a red sportscar parked closer to the club. Impossible to see, but this is a Ferrari Enzo!

How do I know this, as you won't see the car again in the movie??? Well, on the DVD, you can also view some "deleted scenes". Check it out, and you will see some shots with the red Enzo clearly in the background! Too bad that this scene was deleted ;)

Oh yeah, before you ask NNO: no, I don't know the serialnumber!! Probably a resident of Tampa (or that area), so maybe the crashed one?? Just guessing, guessing, guessing ...

2. enzo100

enzo100 Karting

Sep 6, 2004
    Thats cool I will certainly have to look for that. Thanx for the info!
    -EnZo-

3. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    think it is

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...!!!

...how about the assembly number...?!? :D

Edvar, thanks for the tip; when did The Punisher come out...? Who plays The Punisher...? i didn't even know this movie came and already it's on DVD...?

5. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

lol

Where was the movie filmed?

Anyone know which enzo was in Charlies Angels 2. Never saw the movie but saw the commercials :D

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i've seen the movie more times than i can count and whenever i see it playing, if i haven't already missed the part with the NNO, i sit there and watch it until they show it... i'm so obsessed, it's not even funny...

If you rent the DVD, they talk about the cars they used... i don't remember if they said who the owner of the NNO was, but i don't know and i don't know the serial number - it's possible they borrowed the car from Ferrari of Beverly Hills... i think Giacomo was interviewed in that extra section for the DVD...

Here's a picture...

7. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    its amazing that they got that car immediatley after it was released. My mum showed me pics in hello! magazine or something like that about 2 weeks after Ferrari showed it.

8. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    NNO, I don't know when it was released in the US, but it arrived in the cinema here in Holland last thursday. So, don't ask any questions about the DVD .... :D

Anyway, I like the movie. One of the stars is John Travolta. Don't remember the other names, but you can probable find it at www.imdb.com. The movie was mainly shot in Tampa. So, I guess the Enzo is from the Tampa area ...

9. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  10. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Punisher was filmed here in Tampa. Local guy apparently has 2 red ones, one of which was the wrecked one that made the rounds a few months back. I imagine one of those was used in the movie...The video of the mustangs vs. enzo I guess is his other one. Must be nice.........

-R

11. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    The Charlies Angels Enzo was the first one to ever set foot euh... wheel on American soil, and had to be flown back to Europe to be unveiled to the public shortly after. If I remember the DVD-extra's correctly. There was also a 250 California in that flick.

12. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    well at least the Enzo in the Punisher wasn't destroyed lol