My friend will be in F1 soon! | FerrariChat

My friend will be in F1 soon!

Discussion in 'F1' started by Mike360, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 Mike360, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here a pic of my friend. His name is Barton Mawer. He is in the middle of the pic. We used to race karts together a long time ago and he has been currently racing in Europe i think. He has recently been in a race with fellow Aussies Will power (Left) and Mark Webber (Right). They got disqualified but they dominated the race. Watch this space for the future. My money is that this kid will make it to F1 no worries.
    check out www.bartonmawer.com for more info.
    And yes, his helmet is a tribute to Senna!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Mike, no disrespect to your friend Barton, but I'll take that bet. I have enough friends with the skills to know that it takes more than that to reach F1.

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's cool man. I mean i HOPE he goes all the way, but like you said, i knoiw there are better drivers out there. I think that he has an edge with his technical knowledge. I just got this pic, and i wanted to get some of your opinions.
    His family were really close friends with Senna before he died. Barton did quite a bit of training with him in the Off-Season.

4. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

For sure, I agree, I hope he does too. It takes serious work to get to the level he's currently at and I respect that. Actually, being the best driver has little to do with getting a ride in F1 currently. How many drivers are paying this year? 10? Like in all things, it's not what you know...

He is perhaps a bit old, given the current fashion of selecting pre-pubescent drivers in F1.

Senna was the man. That must have been an awesome experience.