Has anyone done business with NJB? (FerrariGuys.com) | FerrariChat

Has anyone done business with NJB? (FerrariGuys.com)

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 308QV_Ohio, Sep 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308QV_Ohio

308QV_Ohio Guest

May 29, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Steve Kerns
    I was wondering if anyone has had any work done at NJB Automotive? There website is www.ferrariguys.com and it looks like they only work on Ferrari and do everything from service to complete restorations.

I am looking for a place to do some upgrades to my 308 and they are only about 10 miles away. I have been looking for a shop for a while now; I can't believe there is a Ferrari only shop this close. Mom always said if it seems too good to be true there must be something wrong. So, my guess is that they suck.

I would like to hear from anyone that has done business with them. Please post you experiences and impressions of there business.

Thanks!

2. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    I've done business with them. They Main Guys name is Jack right? I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Very nice, very knowledgable, very polite and good prices. I would highly recommend them to anyone. the only other alternative around here (I'm in Columbus) is MAG, very expensive or EVANS AUTOMOTIVE... STAY CLEAR OF EVANS!!!!!!

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Why do you say to stay clear of Evans??

4. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    I have had a few TERRIBLE experiences with Evans. Some of my friends have also had horrible experiences. I have no faith in anything they do, anything they say, or anything they say they are going to do..........

5. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    308QV,
    NJB takes care of my 360 F1 and my 246gts. Without doubt, they are the best in the area and since you are so close even better for you. If you fail to use them then only your loss. MAG has insane prices. Jack Babbitt is the owner and Craig Reed is the chief mechanic and you will find none better. They are very passionate about what they do and take the extra step to make sure it is done right. Highly recommend NJB and associates for your ferrari automotive needs.

6. 308QV_Ohio

308QV_Ohio Guest

May 29, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Steve Kerns
    I desised to have NJB do some work for me and they were great. I really enjoyed my experience with them!! I would recomment them!!

7. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
  8. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I, too, have had a good experience with NJB. They did the belt service on my 328 November 2003, and did a very nice job. Before choosing them, I checked with about 4 other folks who had had work done there, and got favorable feedback from all of them. While they were in there, they did a minor engine-compartment clean-up / detail, and the car came back looking and running great.

9. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    About two months ago,I called them only from the info in this forum. They did the first engine out major service for my 93 348t mondial cab (valeo).They were also able to fix some minor but complex electric and interior issues. A paint defect on the trunk lid was corrected.I live in Cincinnati,about 3 hours drive from thier shop. Craig came down himself two meet me and take my car back in thier enclosed trandsport. I was keept informed by phone as all things were completed. Both Craig and Jack came down when they brought my black beauty back(on a saterday!). Not till they went over every thing in detail ,waited for me to take a test drive, and spent at least a hour or more just talking FERRARI did they leave. The costs were fair,the workmanship was top notch. The whole experience was great! For the first time I feel my car is perfect. Jack even commented "you might just have the finest Mondial t in the country". Not only can these guys take care or you car.They can make you feel good about owing it. Full documentation and photos taken during the work was provided of course.

10. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I've been very impressed by NJB. They did my 30K on my 308GTSi with turbo. At the time it also had a blown headgasket (result of overheating and head warping and turbo) they repaired it, new clutch and brake pads. They were on time, kept me up to date on the progress, and delivered it to my door in their enclosed trailer. I recently had them do some suspension work (upgraded suspension bushings) and interior work. They were right on time, reasonably priced, and very easy to deal with.

11. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    I've used MAG, Evans and NJB. I would go with NJB over the other two. MAG is very expensive, does average to below average work, has (had) lousy communication and, when challenged with something obscure, doesn't have the talent to trouble shoot it- so the customer pays their time while they try to figure it out by swapping parts mindlessly.

I've used NJB on at least 5 different occasions. Talented mechanic (Craig) can really figure out what's going wrong and find relatively inexpensive ways of fixing it. I always get the old part back and a photo or two documenting why they did what they did. They always go the extra mile to keep you out of trouble. They do have an enclosed transport and even though you might think it's expensive (they had to raise their prices recently), it's half the price of a tow on a flatbed.

I recommend them; honest, good and they always stand by their work.

12. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I have hear nothing but great things about the Ferrari Guys! I have not (yet) had any personal experiences with my car, as I have not yet purchased it. I had the pleasure of meeting Jack personally in Columbus last weekend at the Ferrari Meet, and he was great to talk to and has a wealth of knowledge!
    When I purchase my 355, I will only let the Ferrai Guys touch it!
    gordon