348 Tops | FerrariChat

348 Tops

Discussion in '348/355' started by widdlewade, Sep 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
  2. ajide

ajide Karting

Sep 1, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have seen many owners paint the tops on their 348s. This is a pretty common modification.

The other problems I don't know about. Seems like the car was not well taken care of.

3. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I saw that car when I went to pick my 348 spider up - Michael at Ferrari Service looks after my car. He told me that the side damage happened at the dealer as they were backing it out of the showroom.

It isn't a perfect car but for a good price and a fresh service I would think you would have a decent driver.

Lots of people have the targa top painted to match the body color.

Cheers
    Kevin

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    ok, I looked at the car for you.
    Here's what I think, it photograghs well.
    Damage to the grill- Which grill? I couldn't tell from the photos.
    Floor mat heal mark- so what? get new mats.
    Rear quarter panel- they're going to fix it.
    Driver's seat bolster- most drivers show wear here. If it bothers you, just have it fixed. Any, (or most) shops could do it to a satisfactory level, you may even be able to dye it.
    The car needs a service. Have this figured into your price when you buy it. Don't fool around with this. Have it done. You might even negotiate this into the price, plan on a possible contingency of finding additional work that you'd like to have done during the service.
    The painted roof- This is a nice perk in my opinion. Just park this car next to an identicle one, once. You'll see how much better your car looks. It is a NICE upgrade. If you can get a good price on the car, and it is what you want after you do your Due Diligence, go for it. I see nothing scary about this one.

5. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  6. bwhitney

bwhitney Guest

Aug 14, 2004
    Cow Town, NH USA
    Full Name:
    Brad W.
    I had inquired about the car on-line & soulds like they took a deposite on it for $44K. Don't know if that included anything extra (30K service etc.). The color kind of grew on me. Still looking for a 348TS myself up here in New England.

Brad

7. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
    Thanks for the advice. Someone else beat me to the punch...Oh well..."You snooze, you loose"