FX/Meridian/ByDesign/CEC | FerrariChat

FX/Meridian/ByDesign/CEC

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Sep 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Who does the best work overall? FX Perf.? Meridian? By Design? CEC? ....

1) Work quality
    2) Pricing
    3) Speed
    4) Options/Choices
    5) Inventory (availability)

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC

3. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    As a non F-car owner and not having any work done by any, I asked all of them to coordinate an event with me at Village Coffee Roaster (**********)... and Matt and Matt from Meridian were the only ones that came out. They also brought a bunch of cars and were cool as hell.

Costa, I have chatted/emailed with a few times and i was considering him to do some work on my S4. He made himself very available to me and was also a super cool guy. (I didnt do the work...didnt want to void the warranty)

I tried to get Bydesign.....they didnt return any calls or emails.

AND...WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL OF THEM AS I AM A SMALL FISH IN THIS ROOM. I EXPECTED NOTHING FROM ANY OF THEM AS I ONLY HAD A SMALL PROMOTION TO OFFER. I was overly exstatic with the response from the Matts at Meridian and was greatful for Costa's time too. If I had a car of your calibur, i would start with Meridian or Costa becuase they took the time to talk to me and seem to really love the cars. Passion, Passion, Passion

(Again, all respects to all of the above)

4. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Thanks for the input. Yeah, I have a friend who got his Porsche Turbo worked on at Meridian, and he highly recommends the place. I think they are really nice guys, but I really didn't like their work THAT much... - my friend's Porsche got a GT2-style wing from them, and there were some glue marks that they left (which my friend didn't mind, but I thought it was pretty bad installation job).

What do you guys think about FX Performance? Nice people to work with? Quality work? Any places in O.C. you guys recommend?

There are definetely some places with attitude problems, and I am trying to avoid those places. Where are some of the places I should avoid?

5. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    If you're interested, I can probably get you in touch with someone from ByDesign from another board. He can probably provide some insight into their operations.

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Aside from the dealer for factory updates and specific diagnostic work the only people that touch my car is MERIDIAN. Totally professional, quality work, finest inventory of aftermarket parts, fair pricing and extremely passionate about cars. Obviously alot of Ferrari owners must feel the same. Last week when I had the Capristo/LC Racing exhaust installed there were (2) Stradale's, (4) 360's (4) 550's, and (1) TR in various stages of work. One 360 Spider owner was transforming his car into a Challenge Stradale Spider but this one was getting factory CS parts. When I asked Matt how he was able to get unobtainable CS parts he just smiled.

7. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    For Ferrari, I would recommend Meridian. Great bunch of guys.

8. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Meridian has been the most raved about in total.

No Fcar (YET) but it will certainly be my choice when the day comes.

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um... i'm right here...

10. hkj

hkj Rookie

Sep 3, 2004
    I've had a couple of Ferraris worked on at By Design. They upgraded a stock 360 clutch to a lightweight with more clamping force and installed the Kreissieg exhaust system and upgraded the brakes to larger rotors with custom painted calipers and had my ECU replaced which they sent out to FX which supplied the ECU. Their installation and service has been impeccable and the sales person I dealt with, Scott, has been both professional and knowledgeable. I've seen other Ferraris at their location with custom Audio/Video systems, custom 360 hoods, and a wide assortment of wheels and exhausts systems. Their prices were not bad. I paid $7,900 for the Kreissieg exhaust plus installation. The ECU was $2,000 (with some exhaust modifications) and the clutch job was $2,900 including labor. They had the car ready in 2 days.

Sam

11. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    What do you guys think about FX Performance? I've emailed several places (FX, Meridian, etc.), and Constantino at FX is the ONLY one who wrote me back with a quote (with two different options).

12. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Costa is always on the G*D dam* computer.

13. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Yes, i never work, i chat the all day long . that's why i only have 148 posts and you 545.

14. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    I think costa dose the mechanical work for CEC, ByDesing and Meridian

15. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Just talked with Costa regarding my car. What a great guy!

Costa, Look forward to meeting you soon! Thanks!

16. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Meridian did all the mechanicals on my first 360 which was quite extensive. On my second 360 they replaced my stock exhaust with a Capristo. While I was there for the install there were several cars in various stages of service. Can't comment regarding CEC or By Design

17. jhyldahl

jhyldahl Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    Are you pleased with the system? Comparison to Tubi?

18. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Absolutely! I feel the Capristo is THE best system for the 360 including the CS.

19. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I took my car to meridian to do Daytona seat upgrade. I saw some custome interior work they did on a 550 and it was awesome. They really love there F cars which shows in there work. I will post after work is done.

20. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I dropped of my car at the FX PERFORMANCE yesterday for new springs (EIBACH), new exhaust, new bumper (with lips), and an alignment job.

Costa and Angel (he does body work at FX) are the best! I look forward to seeing my NEW car soon!

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The orange Diablo?

DL

22. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    NO.... but that orange Diablo was NICE! What kind of Diablo is that? Is the the Momo edition? (Costa, can you confirm that?)

23. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    I think she thinks that because your posts are more memorable.... like that nekkid women you have posted ;)

Hey I have more posts then you :D

24. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    ........You should see the real pictures i have on my phone!!!

Costa

25. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    COSTA your posts are more memorable....[/QUOTE]

LETS GO TO SOME OF THOSE MEMORIES...BACK IN DA DAY.