You Carry a Gun? | FerrariChat

You Carry a Gun?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by venusone, Sep 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    At a stop light what would you do? Give your car over or use excessive force w/ a gun you have in the glove box & say, ”This is a 357 magnum, Do you feel lucky?” I carry a 38 or 357 gun in all my cars.

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I predict..........a moderational move to "Off Topic."

To answer your question Karen, no I don't. My gun isn't legal. ;)

3. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I keep my sawed off in my passenger seat. Makes friends think twice before entering as well.

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    38 snubnose. Compact but lethal. Especially close-in.

Jack

5. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I love illegal loads!!!

6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    This is how I drive down town. Alway on edge especially if I have to park 2 blocks from the event.

7. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Just driving downtown is a challange. But if I have to get out & walk is another. In the car I feel safe. Behind curtin no 2 is a question. I think I have a right to shoot to kill.

8. Dino

Dino Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    San Diego
    In California, it is illegal to use deadly force to protect personal property, albiet a Ferrari or a puppy. Much caution & restraint is needed.....

Dino

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    You must be psychic!:)

Uh... oh, nevermind. I'm staying away from this one.

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I agree and think most states have similar laws. I would never take someone's life if all they wanted is property. Though, in todays' world this is rarely clearly defined. A lot of criminals are using weapons and do or could use deadly force. So, it wouldn't take much for me to determine that mine or someone else's life was in danger and I needed to use reasonable force defensively.

11. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Yes. Carry permit.

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

12. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

Many states, but not all. I prefer to reside in states that protect the victims not the criminals.

Yes, I carry(legally). Yes, I would use it if necessary.

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm for that................ I can get a carry permit in MD, though I think it is for specific purposes only. For example, going to the bank or office.

I like Texas' view on this issue.

14. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I routinely carry. Luckily I've never had a need for it, but I always say I'd rather not need it and have it than not have it and need it. Besides, Louisiana has a very comprehensive "Shoot the Carjacker" law. Try to take my car, you die. Simple.

Dave

15. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I keep my permit up to date, but I haven't carried in years. I used to carry when I was "on call" for security at my workplace.

LetsJet: I don't think it's legal to carry a concealed weapon into a bank, or a post office. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't looked at the book in quite a while.

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    WOW...what a scary thread.... Is it really necessary to carry a loaded gun in your car ?
    Before i get "shot" down in flames, this is a serious question coming from someone who has no experience being around guns.

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Remember Tony, this is the Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' US of A we're talking about here! ;)

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Gus,
    but seriously, you carry a gun in the car? Are things that bad out there?

19. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hi Tony, I'd invite you to shoot any of my guns you'd like, you'll find they're really not 'instant death rays' or anything like that. They are dangerous tools to be sure, and must be weilded with the same care and respect one gives to say a Chain Saw (both are deadly if misused.)

I do carry a gun on me at nearly all times. I consider it being prepared, for the same reason I carry a fire extinguisher in the car, and a spare tire. Nobody carries a spare tire for the days everything goes right :)

I hope to god I never ever ever have to use it for anything but shooting bottles of water on the range for fun, and it is likely I never will.

Then again, it is 'likely' I will not need the spare tire, or fire extinguisher, however I have had occation to use both, the fire extinquisher may have saved a life infact.

I have finally found that having a gun on me will make me take EVERY possible action to avoid any sort of confilct or potential bad situation. It makes me want to get the heck OUT, and I actually think I live a safer lifestyle because of that.

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Ben,
    thanks for the well thought out reply. It's so rare to see anyone carrying a gun in the UK,even our police force. :)

21. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Tony,

In all my years I've never needed one. Trouble is, you watch the local news the last 8 years or so, and the first 20 min is devoted to killings, muggings, car jackings, etc.... It's enough to freak anyone out. It's not getting any better. Before, at least you used to be able to expect the police to come to your aid. Now, with the under staffing of police offices and brazen criminals, you should be prepared to defend yourself. I can tell you in the MD, DC, VA, area there have been over five bank robberies in less then three months. One armored car driver was shot and killed. I don't think they have any leads on the bank robberies. ----- Bottom line ---- no one wants to feel defenceless. The other side of the issue is the increase of road rage and the possibility of a gun being used out of aggression. I haven't seen any data on this though.

22. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I don't carry a gun at all. I do keep one for sentimental reasons though.

23. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    Amili PER I MOTIVI di SENTIMENTAL

Its me Gussie....Andreanna

24. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Ciao bella! Si. La pistola era il mio nonno.

25. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    wheres l'automobile maledetto??