Praise For Dave Olimpi!! | FerrariChat

Praise For Dave Olimpi!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AJS328, Sep 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #1 AJS328, Sep 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As many of you know I have been looking for a nice 328 to replace the black one I sold a few weeks ago. Well, I now have a beautiful red '89 and I wanted to thank the guy who made it all happen.

His name is Dave Olimpi and he has a company called Dave Olimpi Automobiles in VA (near D.C.). I stumbled upon Dave's website while looking through the FCA classifieds and I am very happy that I did. I went on his sight and decided to send him an email to let him know what I was looking for. Within a half hour he sent an email back to tell me to call him because he knew of a car. Dave is a super nice guy to talk to and has been around the Ferrari circles for a long time. We must have spent 30 minutes on the phone just talking about cars and the people we both knew. Anyway, he started working on the deal for me right away. With my parameters in mind he did all of the negotiating and arranged the PPI. After a deal was struck he handled all of the shipping arrangements as well. I hardly had to do a thing besides get my finances in order!

Most importantly, Dave handled every aspect of this deal with the utmost professionalism and a very friendly demeanor. Surprisingly, the entire process, from cold email to delivery of the car, took a total of 9 days! The car just arrived here and it is everything I'd hoped it would be. I'm going to work on getting him to become a member of F-Chat and possibly a sponsor. Thank you Dave! :)

www.daveolimpiautomobiles.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Congrats on that beauty! How many miles? Tubi? Is this going to be your
    final 328 ;)? Post some interior pics.

Ron

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #3 AJS328, Sep 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    She's got 28k miles currently. I kept the Tubi from my last car so that will go on right away. Here are a few interior pics.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That is a great experience.

I don't know how to put it other than "that is the newest-looking 328 I've seen." Seriously, it seems it was just made. Can you dig it?

5. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Nice interior - looks NEW! Thnx for the pics.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations nero328! The car looks phenomenal. Look forward to seeing you at the Times Square Shootout.

Thanks for posting about David O. It seems as if it's getting harder and harder these days to find good, honest, reputable car dealers. Nice to know there are still a few good ones left out there.

7. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Gus congrats I better get a ride in this one!!!!!:) I still miss your blue one though. Now all you need to do is get a yellow one next.
    Erik

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Nice looking car! Does this mean you'll have to change your ID *again*?? ;)

-R

9. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    I live near Dave Olimpi and during my search for my 330 GT 2+2 he was helpful. I asked him if he could find one for me. I happened to find one before him but he gave me great advice and even made some phone calls about the one I bought. He has very high standards and I am sure if you get a car thru him, you will have a great one. If I ever wanted to get rid of my cars, he would be the man I would ask to sell them for me.

Dan Reese

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Very nice Mr. STAYno.

Play nice with the other THREE28's!

DL

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've missed something.... why/when did the black 328 go?

Love the new car too :D

12. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That sounds like it was so easy - congrats on finding what you were looking for so quickly.

I have seen Dave's website before just shopping (he had a really nice blue XK120 IIRC) but its great to hear first-hand about dealing with someone and having it work out.

Enjoy it - the interior looks fantastic.

Cheers
    Kevin

13. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I like the fact that the previous owner had the targa top smoothed and painted (just like mine!) -- looks GREAT.

14. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Gus, stick w/ one ****ing 328 already :). BEAUTIFUL, can't wait to see it.

15. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    Hi-

I thought it would be a good idea for me to join ferrarichat, just so that I can put my two cents worth in from time to time.
    Augustine Staino's blurb regarding our collaboration on the purchase of his red 1989 328GTS omitted one very important facet- Augustine's complete co-operation, faith and trust, and being ready, willing, and able to complete this transaction when I asked him to. With a partner like that, this project was destined for success.
    Thanks, Aug!

16. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Hey Guys,

Will this be my last 328? Doubtful. I only say that because I love them so much that I could see myself adding more to the stable someday (like a GTB for example). That being said, I do think that this one is a keeper. I felt quite confident that the car would be nice after I found out who had just serviced and inspected it for me (Shelton Ferrari) but I was still pleasantly surprised. This car is soooo clean and it isn't missing a thing! The service records are very comprehensive and all of the tools, books, etc came with the car, including another factory fitted cover (I now have yellow and red).

The other wonderful thing about this car is that it drives beautifully. I've never driven a Ferrari that shifts as smoothly as this one does. It's just so fresh, tight and clean. You can really tell that it has been loved and cherished from day one!

This has, without a doubt, been the most pleasurable car purchase experience that I've ever had, and I'm on my 8th exotic now. I'm in the business as well so I believe that I have a good feel for what can and can't be considered excellent customer service and care. Dave's way of doing business is something special in today's world. I even received a beautiful Ferrari art postcard from him the day before my car was delivered thanking me for purchasing it through him. It may have been a minor detail but it meant a lot to me. I wouldn't hesitate recommending him to anyone here! :)

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Whoa Dave! You beat me to the punch this morning! LOL.

Believe me, the pleasure was all mine. Welcome to the board! I think you'll enjoy yourself here. :)

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats Aug - Looks great!!!

Glad to hear Dave was so helpful - It's always nice to know of another great Ferrari resource.

19. Bandit

Bandit Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2003
    Central MS
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    Beautiful car, Gus.

I guess its time for another name change.

20. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    The car looks great, Augustine! Congratulations. Enjoy it.

21. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HES IN MEXICO, YA BASTARD!!!!

22. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Looks great Gus!

23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Holas Amigos!

I said that right, no? I´am currently taking a break from the pool in Riviera Maya, Mexico. The weather here is amazing! Josie is giving me **** for leaving the pool to visit f-chat but I dont give a damn. She´s so drunk she probably forgot already anyway. I hope that all is well back en Los Estados Unidos. I´ll check in with everyone when I get back!

24. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    this dave guy sounds well safe and congrats on the new car it's completly stunning

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Gus.

Beautiful car. Just beautiful. And Dave sounds like a great guy to deal with.

Now tell me again why you ever bought that Porsche???

Hope I catch up with you and it, in the near future.

Dave