Calling all TR Owners | FerrariChat

Calling all TR Owners

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by barabus, Sep 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Fellow Testarossa owners,
    I dare say you like me have had trouble finding a decent replacement tyre for your car.
    Well it seems the only tyre we can get in the UK is the Kumho, while where it might possibly be a good tyre its not exactly a Goodyear or Michelin.
    After searching the web and contacting many tyre suppliers I found out that the Goodyear, Michelin and Dunlop are still made in our size but only for the US market.
    Goodyear seemed to be unwilling to import any in for me so I got in touch with a company in America called "The Tirerack" through there web site and found that I can get the latest Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus for, wait for it, would you believe £445 including shipping cost.
    Well ive ordered mine straight away, I'll let you know when I get them.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Simon,
    is that price per corner? Sounds v expensive to me.What do you normally pay? :confused:

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si

No Tony, Believe it or Not thats for all 4, but the Dollar to Quid is very good at the Mo.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Wow, no wonder you're getting excited ;) . Thought you'd gone mad and shelled out £400 on one !

5. kamal

kamal Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2004
    CHESHIRE
    also had same problem last year but after a few calls to independant tyre dealers i got some goodyears for £295 each!! my TR is 1990 so i dont know if earlyer cars are on different sizes

6. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Simon
    I use the Kumhos on both my Trossa and my 911, your right in saying they arent michelin or goodyears, they have great dry grip, wet grip is as good as the michelins on a trossa and they cost £500 for all 4 fitted and balanced, the only thing they lack is a marketing budget the size of Goodyear or Michelins (anyway after all the problems with the supply and quality of milimetric tyres why buy the french crap )

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I run kuhmo tyres on the 348 spider. A great tyre. The cheapest around by far. £100 including VAT for 275/35/18's each.