Schumacher's Steering Wheel Lights | FerrariChat

Schumacher's Steering Wheel Lights

Discussion in 'F1' started by Turner, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turner

Turner Karting

Sep 6, 2004
    EC
    Full Name:
    Turner
    Did anyone happen to notice Schumacher's steering wheel light up when he made contact with Jaguar's Christian Klien during the Chinese GP. Literally all of the steering wheel knobs lit up. All the lights stayed on briefly then went out. Does this happen everytime a Ferrari F1 car crashes? I have been watching F1 for years and this is the first time I have seen this. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks

2. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I noticed that too. Perhaps it's the car's way of saying "error",
    as in "Michael, perhaps T-boning that car was in 'error'".

I would bet it has to do with the traction control, perhaps it's saying
    "I don't have any calculations for sliding backwards down the track,
    over to you Michael".

Wes

3. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    The steering wheel did the same thing when he spun out and bounced across the gravel trap during Free Practise 4 at Silverstone this year.

Well, it didn't light up when he spun during the race. The only light that was illuminated was what looked to be the OV button, which came on as soon as he started the spin. This went out, however as he frantically tried to downshift during the spin, then came on again as the car slowed, and when he downshifted some more, the light went out again.

Also, when he hit Klien, all the lights stayed illuminated until he pulled one the paddles on the left of the wheel, either the downshift paddle or the hand-activated clutch.