19" BBS CH rims for 360 Modena | FerrariChat

19" BBS CH rims for 360 Modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by Hubert888, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Im going to buy 19" BBS CH rims for my 360M. What rim widths should i get for my 360 Modena? suggestions welcome please.

19 x 8
    19 x 8.5
    19 x 9.5
    19 x 10

I assume the rear wheels will be wider than the front. Also, do these rims require a new special set of lugnuts/bolts/whatever u call them, OR can i still use my stock 360M nuts?

Also, how much tire clearance should i have so the new 19" rims dont touch the car when i make a turn?

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    also....

i called BBS myself.
    I asked the rep 'what is the difference between the 19" BBS CH rims and the 19" Ferrari Challenge rims'. He told me the only difference is how they are made and the alloy. Ferrari Challenge rims are forged and made up of a different alloy(probably lighter and stronger), but are the same shape. So by going on this, I assume the 19" BBS CH rims SHOULD fit the 360 Modena.

Or am i wrong?

3. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    I would go with 19x9.5 in the front and 19x10 in the back. Get the forged ones too. With New York roads you will be glad you got forged.

4. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    That said, they are two completely different wheels with regard to composition. The 19" Factory Challenge Stradale wheels are FORGED alloy and the aftermarket 19" BBS are CAST. In order to determine if these or any aftermarket wheel is a proper fitment, aside from the width of the wheel you will have to check the wheel offset. If you choose a wheel with an offset that pushes the wheel further toward the outside of the fender be prepared to fold, (as per the CS fenders) not roll the front fenders. And yes, your stock lugs will work.

5. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    well I would be very careful - I don't think the bolt pattern will fit

as far as I remember F has 5 x 108, which is not offered for the BBS CH last time when I checked

make sure that you double check

6. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Hubert,

id say go with 19x8 and 19x10 with 225/35 and 285/35. I doubt you will have to roll fenders.

7. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I fitted the CS wheels to my 360 spider. The alloys are a very slightly different design but only anoraks/ferrari mechanics would see/worry about the differences. As for width there may be an issue since I believe they are 9.5" at the front and 10.5" rear - do the 19" BBS CH wheels go up to that size?

As long as you get the Pirelli tyres the CS wears there is no worries with rolling fenders since the overall radius is within 1% of the 18" standard set up. In addition, the standard wheel bolts fit and hold the CS wheels without issue.

Things you do need to look into :

- bolt fitting
    - offset
    - wheel centres - the 18" BBS CH rims I used to have needed different sized Ferrari wheel centres
    -

8. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Guys....Again width is only a part of the equation. Not every 18" or 19" is the same with regard to how much of the rim will sit on the inside or outside of the mounting point. You can actually fit a 9x13 wheel to the rear of a 360 because the wheel was specifically manufactured, (offset) to fit the 360.

9. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    correction.......13x19 wheel to the rear