New 997 unveiling pics at my dealer | FerrariChat

New 997 unveiling pics at my dealer

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by AZ Ferrari Man, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZ Ferrari Man

May 5, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Hey guys, I know that this is not the f430 but these are some pics of the new 997. It looks awesome in person but nothing like a F-car!

Enjoy

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i looked at and drove a 997s... it looks too much like the 996...in fact, we drove my friends car to the shopping center and parked next to a 996 coupe....it takes a car guy to tell the difference right away at a distance

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I see no pics. Is there a link?

4. AZ Ferrari Man

May 5, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    AJ
    it says that my size is to big for the pics, how do I make them adequate for the format.

5. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Try reduce them to 30%. Henry

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
  7. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I drove a 997S up to 95mph, did some hard driving and it is a real improvement over the 996Carrera. I can't even imagine what the 997TwinTubo will be like.

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    FWIW, i'm not a fan of those wheels, but rear profile looks v cool.

9. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I really like the car except for the wheels.

What is that guage in the center of the dash in the little pod thing. Looks like it was an afterthought.

I like that they put the headlights back to a more classic porsche look.

10. Dejan

Dejan Karting

Aug 3, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Dejan Deklich
    I was at the unveiling in Shanghai few days ago, where I saw it for the first time in person. Very nice car like all Porsches, but it really needs a car guy to tell a difference to the previous model.

D.

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That gauge in the middle looks like a clock to me.
    Nice looking car except for the wheels. (that seems to be everyones thoughts, so I wonder why they used those wheels.)

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ... as I really grew to love the 996 headlights, and really find the oval ones old fashioned, especially with the unnecessary rim around them.

Porsche do retro really bad (911 Speedster ... the ugliest car ever created) ... thus DON'T do it.

Pete

13. Cartman

Cartman Karting

Aug 3, 2004
    Mount Laurel, NJ
  14. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Ugh...the front looks awful...along with the hardtop on....other than that it looks basically like the current model. Just my $.02
    David

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    The guage in the middle is not a clock. It's a timer. The sport package includes the timer that also shows up digitally on the display. Not only can you do 0-60 times (boring) but you can do lap times and it will display on that little clock and the central display.

16. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Check out the Honda service mats....

17. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano
    Those wheels don't do it for me.

18. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    The pic of the silver 987 shows the car equipped with PCCBs. I own a boxster and can't imagine why you would need to equip one with the PCCB option. An $8500 brake option on a 50-60 thousand dollar car??

19. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Me neither.

20. youngtifosi

youngtifosi Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    "Sporting character at the touch of a button
    The new Sports Chrono Package Plus offers the driver a particularly sporting set-up of various functions on the car, enhancing the sports driving experience to a standard never achieved before: Just presssing a button, you change the gas pedal control map, engine behaviour at the speed limit and under load change, the intervention thresholds of PSM, as well as the PASM and Tiptronic S map control curves. Indeed, the Sports Chrono program even gives the driver the option to mastermind these benefits through efficient time management: Pressing the on-board computer control stalk on the steering column, the driver is able to start an analogue/digital stopwatch on the instrument panel. Then, entering simple commands at the touch of a button, he can clock, add up and save lap times. The date recorded in this way can then be called up by Porsche Communication Management and evaluated graphically on the monitor."

<www.germancarfans.com>

21. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Just got a little brochure in the mail about the new boxster. They say the new S will have 280 HP and 236 Torque. a nice little increase but was hoping they would slap the 3.6 liter into it

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    And Porsche will realize that people are not going to buy a 45K+ car with only 280hp. With the 300hp 350Z Track coming out and the 400hp Vette already out....the Boxster is going to get owned (on the track and in sales). I predict a modest bump in sales because of the new model (but nothing even remotely close to the initial release of the Boxster) and a slow progression into horrible sales. It simply needs more power.

23. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Porsche seems to do fine with the power it has now. Remember a lot people buy a Porsche because it is a Porsche. Also, if they uppped the power much more, people would not spend twice the price to get a 911.