Xbox Outrun2 Ferrari Cover Pic of an F50??????? | FerrariChat

Xbox Outrun2 Ferrari Cover Pic of an F50???????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by The Mad Hatter, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    #1 The Mad Hatter, Sep 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All,

So my son just brought me the demo disk from this month's Xbox magazine and lo and behold the cover shows a promo for OutRun 2...with a Ferrari of some sort on the cover. I scanned it in and have attached it here...is that an F50??? I mean, it looks like it has to be, but I didn't know that the F50 was open-topped like that? Pretty nice game...we are gonna play it right now :D

Cheers,
    Travis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yes, it is an F50.

3. CiaoItalia

CiaoItalia Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Justin Phillips
    Tell us how you like the demo.

4. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    All F50s (except F50GT) have a removable top for "barchetta" cruising. Actually removing it is something of a PITA and basically requires two people...

5. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    Too funny...yeah, I would, except I just finished filling out the "send me a new disc cause this one no worky-worky" on the Xbox website...brutal. 3-4 weeks for my replacement...to the grocery store I go :D

Cheers,
    Travis

6. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Man, thats not cool...i should see if i can get a demo....
    David

7. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes, that's an F50 on the cover. All of them have a removable top except for the racing version.

8. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    i've played that game in the arcade it's quite good you can get f50, testerossas,f355 (i think)

9. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    While I was waiting for a hard drive in CompUSA today, I played a few races of this game on Xbox. It was alright, and the cars seemed well emulated, but overall I felt the driving mechanics of the game were kind of slow. It felt like you stuff wasn't moving towards you fast enough when you were traveling at 180mph. I have played the arcade game as well, and thought it was better than the Xbox version I played, but still not stupendous. I don't know, maybe I have just been playing rally games too much where moving 60 or 70 MPH seems like you are flying, that when I picked up the controller for this, and was moving at 2.5 times the speed and it seemed like I was standing still it just didn't sit right. Anyways, the cars are still beautiful, and the modes which I haven't played(impress your girl by spinning the car and sliding the car, etc.) seemed like they might be cool. Guess I'll have to get it and find out.

Craig

10. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    It's an all Ferrari game (!) but when I played it I didn't particularly like it too much.

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I actually played that demo today at CompUSA... the physics were very "arcade like" which means quite easy/forgiving, but the feel was straight but bland like Sega GT. The sounds were good and the 60fps graphics vibrant and beautiful (with extravagant arcade style backgrounds, typical for Sega, like Daytona USA 2). The music is the same music as Outrun, just updated. The F50 and the 360 in the demo go the same speeds (??).

In the end, I wouldn't buy this over PGR2 or the upcoming Forza Motorsport.

12. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    hell all u gotta do is drive to impress the girl in the passanger seat! lol how hard is that? unless she is a pyscho!

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    lol... when the time runs out, she swings her arms and beats you repeatedly.