360 Question | FerrariChat

360 Question

Discussion in '360/430' started by SimonA, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    I am considering buying a 2003 / 2004 360 Coupe. I am curious as to what recall or service issues there have been with the 360? What should I look for to be done? I am an experienced Ferrari owner so I understand the ownership vs miles buying issue etc.

And I should also add, I have done a search to answer my questions. I have looked at all the techincal threads. The threads seem to discuss little issues and big ones that have come up with 360 ownership. The threads have answered some of my questions and saved me asking questions already asked. But I have not found a good guideline as to what changes and issues have occurred and what Ferrari has corrected with each passing year of production and what to make sure has been updated to the 360.

I have to say this is a very nice group. You all have done a great job of writing and responding to all avenues of Ferrari ownership / purchase. Great resource. I have enjoyed reading all of the people's topics here.

i greatly look forward to hearing all your thoughts. Thank you for any help in advance.

Cheers

2. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    My 03 360 has had just one recall -- a hose replacement.

You don't have to worry about recalls though -- you are entitled to have all recall work completed by the dealer if the seller hasn't already had it done.

There have been some other issues but they have all been taken care of under warranty. It doesn't apply in your case but this is another reason to avoid garage queens if someone is thinking of buying an out-of-warranty Ferrari -- most infant-mortality component failures don't have a chance to occur if the car isn't being driven much!

3. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Hey Simon, Regarding service bulletins and recalls for '03/04 I would contact your local dealer to discuss. Between '03/04 I am not aware of any changes.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Ditto. They'll be happy to help specially if they'll get your business.

5. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Yes, but any dealer also has an agenda.... he's looking for answer from people that aren't trying to part him from several thousand dollars.

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    1. Most '03/04 cars are still under warranty.
    2. He has questions concerning service bulletins and recalls. Who is more qualified to answer these specific questions other than FNA or an authorized dealer. How can a dealer mislead anyone regarding service bulletins or recalls. Either they exist or they don't.

7. SimonA

SimonA Karting

Sep 2, 2004
    Wilton, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Simon Adams
    I have tried a dealer. The dealer had nothing negative to say. I was more looking for comments from owners that have to live through the issues more than the dealers.

I appreciate all comments. Please keep them coming.

Thank You

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It's a great car, what can I say. Any issue that anyone has ever had is posted in the archives. No offense, but this seems to come up at least a couple of times a week so there's lots of stuff there to help you.

9. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Not sure I understand this concern since you're going to be purchasing a car which is still under warranty. Everything which can go wrong (apart from consumables like brakes, clutches, etc.) will be taken care of by the dealer.

Besides, this is a low production vehicle so you have fewer beneficial effects of mass production vis a vis the quality of parts and the consistency of manufacturing and assembly processes. It's very likely that if you ask 10 different owners what's gone wrong with their cars, you'll get 10 different lists with little overlap.

Your problems will vary...

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll assume you contacted the dealer's service department with your inquires? If the perspective car is under factory warranty and you need conformation regarding overall condition I would have a dealer do a complete inspection including diagnostic. Personally I haven't had any trouble with my 360 and my dealer was totally on point with performing the necessary service bulletins and recalls....no questions asked.