Hurricane Jeanne updates! | FerrariChat

Hurricane Jeanne updates!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Cavallino Motors, Sep 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Guys we are under direct bombardment again (like every weekend).

This time it will hit Jupiter/Port Saint Lucie again.

Down here in Miami we have extreme high water. The water is coming over my neighbors dock and my other neighbors seawall. My wall is about 2 foot higher than the neighbor. Pool is filling with all the rain.

My neighbors (two down) dock has come lose and no that had nothing to do with me running into it with the Baja a few months back. The jetski dock I banged up is also lose. This time I have to say thank God though because otherwise it would have popped off the wall.

Wind is 20-30Mph, some rain. It is not as bad as it could be. The water is what makes me scratch my head. I hope high tide is soon so we are over and done with.

we still have power and all the other good stuff.

Party tomorrow noon at my house.

Good luck to all of you guys up north.

2. mprogge23

mprogge23 Karting

Aug 29, 2004
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Full Name:
    Matt R.
    So far East Boca is fine. I'm not sure about out west but we still have power east of Federal Highway, but the cable is out. All things considered it could be alot worse. Hope everyone in Jupiter/Post St Lucie is okay.

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    running out of alcohol here in miami, guess I have to go across the street to my neighbors!

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    noon party ?for real ?

5. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    yep Noon to 1pm and we will fire up the BBQ.

Plenty of Rum :)

Everybody is welcome.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I just spoke with my parents in Boynton Beach. They got a lot of wind and rain during the night (my dad said this storm was noisier than Frances) but they never lost power and the worst is over.

What's strange is that so far this storm is following the exact same track across Florida as Frances did, though it's a smaller-diameter storm and is moving much quicker. They talk about lightning never striking the same place twice (which of course is not true) but they never mentioned hurricanes!

7. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    This storm was harder on Highlands County (Sebring) than Francis or Charley. Good thing the FCA event was canceled. We lost 1/2 our dock in Lake Placid (weekend place) and have a down tree but it didn't fall on the house. As luck would have it we are in the middle of a remodel job and will just have the guys add the dock to the job.

We lost yet another tree here at our house. That is really no big deal as we have a front end loader in our pasture now as they were pushing and burning down trees last week and have another week of work left to do. The guy even taught me how to drive the loader - now if he had just left the key I could be having a great time! Our power was only off for around 17 hours this time. That is nothing compared to 2 weeks with Charley. This storm had a lot more rain with it compaired to the other two. I just pray this is it for the year!

Has anyone heard from Paulie B?

8. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    The local news down here also said Winter Park took a major hit. Have sent Joyce at TSC an email regarding show status.

Last week she told me the previous storm battered the park and the city was still trying to clean up ... many of those huge trees and the park went down.

Will post as soon as I hear from her....

9. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Show is still on - business as usual for those who are going.

10. chefrobear

chefrobear Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    Had 90 knot winds gusts in Greenacres. Jeanne took out the vegetation damage that Frances started. No power after 9:30 PM saturday night. Who knows when we'll get it back. Took the car out today and went to my mom's in western Fort Lauderdale. I am dropping it off at T. Stanfords tomorrow anyway. Our boat dock on Palm Beach is gone. Anybody seen a 200' cement floating dock anywhere? LOL :)

11. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    all I can say is Holy SH$%T !@!!!
    what an experience! we were safe and secure at our house in Jupiter. cars are saw and sound also. no damage except a few loose roof tiles that I already fixed and a few screens from my patio screen got blown out.
    hope everyone else out there in Florida FChat land did as well.
    Thank God its over.

12. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound...certainly have had our fill of hurricanes!

Yes, this last one packed some seriously heavy winds and rain...and they pounded us steadily since late Sat. night. The sun is shining now.

Power is still out at the house, so I came to work :D

Blew the rest of the pool screen panels off, so it should make tearing it down that much easier :) Also blew some more shingles off.

I'm with all of you -- sure am glad it's over! Sure do feel sorry for those folks down mid-state though.

13. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I moved from NJ because I couldn't take any more snow :)

14. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    No doubt. I moved down from DC last year because I was sick of shoveling snow. I think I'd like my snow back :)

-R

15. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I moved from Germany becasue I could not take the rain anymore :)

Glad all are okay.