dealer complaints | FerrariChat

dealer complaints

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by macassini, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. macassini

macassini Rookie

Mar 14, 2004
    Seattle Metro Area
    Full Name:
    M. Cassini
    So, naturally I am the outcast that nobody really wants to hear about, but so be it.

As I am strolling through these discussions, I can't help but think "why does everyone here whine/complain/***** about the dealers and their repair bills?" I think this is the only question that I really have amongst the Ferrari community. I thought the Porsche community was bad on somethings...

In my mind, the dealers like everyone else in the world, has to make money at something to live, right?

And... by the way, I do not work for a dealer. Just some sap annoyed at why everyone complains about them when they might have (what they think is bad service). Bad service is a matter of opinion, not fact!

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Mr. Cassini,

Welcome to F-chat!!

So if I read your statement right you say there is NO such thing as bad service from ANY dealer?? Did you just come here to pick a fight or were things just getting too boring on P-chat?

By the way, Nice way to introduce yourself and say Hi!!

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Ok,

So are not these people entitled to their opinions?

Chill..................Most people are speaking about their own experiences

4. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Nice 1st time post!!!! Guess you've never had issues with dealers? Just some better than others! For your second post...hows about Republican vs. Democrat.....that ought to light a fire!!!!

Besides, the NW section hasn't had a bit*& about service complaints for some time as far as I can see....would hardly say it's a focus of our attention. Just find it odd you would post here and not in "technical"???

5. macassini

macassini Rookie

Mar 14, 2004
    Seattle Metro Area
    Full Name:
    M. Cassini
    I was not bored with P-chat and I did not come to pick a fight. Nor have I ever posted anything on any P-chat forum either.

Everyone has bad opinions and/or experiences with dealers. This is the first time in 5+ years that I am saying on a public forum that "I do not like the local Porsche shop. I get better service on my 10 year old Lexus than my 1 year old Twin Turbo". This said, is MY opinion though. I do not think it is fair for the dealers or anyone else who may have a 'good opinion' about the dealer to read the posts then to go somewhere else or develop lack of trust for the dealer, simply because they read a post on ferrarichat.com.

See what I am saying? Simple ethics and respect for others, even if 'your' opinion may differ.

6. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Do some research! I have looked to many posts here for positive feed back on Dealers as well as mechanics and other shops. Very valuable in my estimation.

It has also been my experience you usually find what you are looking for; good or bad.

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    How profound......

8. glorified_bug

glorified_bug Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 27, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Full Name:
    Mr. Porsche
    first of all, i think all of you have nothing better to do than complain about anything and everything. dealers to each other! the first dude who started the post has some valid point about dealers. maybe he works for one and does not like to get picked on? poor baby he is. the rest of you who make comments, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and if y'all have 30 year old pile of cr*p 308's, 328's, 512's, mondials, etc...your cars are bound to have issues which i am surprised the dealers will even work on the cars that old. they should have been called fiats back then. those real people should have bought porsches back then.

9. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Anyone else see the humor in these two "new" guys?

Seems they have nothing better to do then complain...............

10. glorified_bug

glorified_bug Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 27, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Full Name:
    Mr. Porsche
    and 'letsjet' has notin better to do than sit on the ferrarichat board all day. funny how that works.

go get a real car.... get a porsche.

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Yep, my life sucks....lol

Get a clue dude........... the same things you argue about, you do........ kind of funny isn't it?

FWIW - If we want a Pcar, we'll get a Pcar.........

12. Rosso360

Rosso360 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    Looks like the bug has got the best of you. ;)

Obviously he is just poking fun....your response is making it MORE fun.

13. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Hey M. Cassini... I feel your pain. Especially in regards to this quote:

"Simple ethics and respect for others..."

Which reminds of one experience I had with a customer who didn't seem to be blessed with either ethics or respect. I was selling Ducati motorcycles here in town and I had a customer who had bought his first bike (Kawasaki Ninja) used from me. That bike got crashed and he quickly moved up to a 1000cc Honda Superbike (not from me). He had that for a bit and he started making inquiries to me about trading it in on a Ducati. He was a regular customer and would come in from time to time to discuss the potential deal in addition to many conversations on the phone regarding this matter. This went on for a few weeks and just when I felt we were close to inking a deal I saw the customer ride by on Broadway on a brand new Ducati with an Oregon dealer plate frame. Oops... oh well. I was slightly put off at the time but really I just thought to myself that I didn't do my job well enough and that would be that.

Later that week, the customer called me and I congratulated him on his new bike and I looked forward to seeing him and his new machine as a parts/service customer. Unbelievably, the customer claimed to have no idea what I was talking about and said he was calling to further discuss a Ducati purchase. I gathered myself and asked very politely if he hadn't just purchased a new Ducati in Portland and ridden it up on Broadway the previous weekend. He said that wasn't him and we discussed further a possible Ducati purchase.

So perhaps I was mistaken when I saw the Ducati on Broadway... to be certain I called the dealer in Portland and asked the GM there if this customer had just been there and bought a new Ducati. The GM confirmed what I thought to be true and I was truly mystified. I could understand why a customer might "all of a sudden" buy a machine somewhere else but I couldn't comprehend why he would continue with his fabrication and waste my time and the dealership I worked for as well. He kept up the charade for as long as he could until finally (weeks later) he couldn't deny any longer the overwhelming evidence that he indeed already owned a Ducati and finally admitted it. Even after all that he was still (just barely) welcome to be a customer at the store.

The story got more bizarre from there as the customer kept up with the underhanded tactics and ploys. I got a phone call from a respected local high-end car guy I had known for years asking me if I knew this particular customer. I braced myself and said yes. My friend described meeting this guy (let's call him customer X) and my friend commented on what a beautiful bike X had to him. X thanked him and went on to say thank you to my friend for reccomending the shop in Portland. My friend was confused as he had never met customer X before and wondered what the **** he was talking about. X continued with this dialogue until my friend gave up and later called me to fill me in. Only thing I can figure is X wanted the rumor out there in the exotic car/bike world that the reason he bought a bike in Portland is because of my friend's reccomendation which may have worked only he didn't figure that the car/bike world is as small as it is and, well, you get the idea.

Anyway, thanks for the post M. Cassini. Perhaps your insightfullness and sage advice will help keep folks like customer X at bay and let the local dealers do their job properly.

kie

14. Rosso360

Rosso360 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    So If I get this right, maybe the dealer isnt always the bad guy....maybe, just maybe, there are bad CUSTOMERS?????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Who knew?

Nice post....really....someone is getting it. Maybe Mr Cassini isnt such an "Outsider" afterall.....maybe, some of the *****ing about the Dealer ISNT about the Dealer...but in the end, its about the "Customer".

15. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I guess what I'm saying is it's more about conducting yourself with decent ethics and respect for others as M. Cassini suggests... whether you are the dealer or the customer. While my little story chronicles a customer acting like a complete idiot... there are plenty of other stories where the dealer did the same. For my own reasons, I thought my story would be an appropriate fit for this thread.

M. Cassini... I see from your profile you have both a 360 Challenge Stradale and a Modena. Are these recent acquisitions? Were you at the Ferraris on 12th event this year thrown by FOS? I seem to remember meeting a younger guy there with a newer (silver? grey?) Porsche 996 Twin Turbo but I don't remember him mentioning the 360's in the stable.

kie

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Weird story............ Why would a guy care that much to cover it up? He's entitled to purchase from where ever he wants. May be he didn't want to offend you? May be the "high end car guy" was just covering his tracks for saying something to him? I don't know, but strange story................. Why didn't he want to purchase from you? Cheaper? Any thoughts?

17. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    It is a weird story... although I think if you met this guy and saw the way he conducts himself you might understand. All sorts of crazy things happened to me during my tenure as a Ducati salesperson. This one would probably crack the top 5 for "bizarre-ness" but can't hold a candle to the homeless guy who bought a 748R from jail and later donated it to the US Secret Service.

Why would he cover it up? Who can say for sure... perhaps he was just embarassed, perhaps the voices were loud that day, I really don't know. The car guy was and still is my friend. I can say with all certainty that if he had said something to the customer he would of told me and that would of been fine. Even after all the improbable and crazed behavior by the customer I still feel as if I didn't do my job well enough because he did, after all, buy a bike, just not from me.

Anyway, my story wasn't about me losing a sale... that is part of the 'biz and will happen from time to time and hopefully a salesperson will learn from it and improve their skills. I shared it here because I thought it illustrated M. Cassini's point about ethics and respect (or lack thereof) in the exotic vehicle world and how it can go both ways.

M. Cassini... tell us more about your 360 collection and laundry list of other cars you own past and present.

kie

18. macassini

macassini Rookie

Mar 14, 2004
    Seattle Metro Area
    Full Name:
    M. Cassini
    the laundry list is just that... nothing more than just some guy that likes to spend money on cars and other toys. nuttin special about the guy at all.

19. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I'm a little confused. The laundry list is just what? The laundry list is a guy? Who is the guy you're referring to? Are you M. Cassini and if you are why refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

I'm just wondering what other cars you have since your profile says you have several cars in addition to your (2) 360's, your late model 996 twin turbo and your 10 year old Lexus. I was also curious what was on the "previously owned" list since your profile says that you've owned even more cars than you currently have now.

You know I've re-read your posts and I must say I have no idea what, exactly, you are trying to say. Your 1st post starts of by saying you are an outcast (how can you be an outcast from a forum you have never posted to?) and basically says give the dealers a break and they deserve to make a living and people shouldn't make up their minds about them based on threads they see in online forums. Your 2nd post says everyone (not just some of us... every last one of us) has a poor opinion or has had a bad experience with a dealer... yet you are still encouraging us (I think) to patronize them. You also express your disdain for the local Porsche "shop" (is that another word for dealer?) but tell us not to be influenced by what we hear on the 'net in these forums. Your 3rd post (while very brief) has enough contradictory content for the average psychology 'grad student to write a thesis on.

M. Cassini... I implore you. What are you trying to tell us? More importantly, what other cool cars do you have now and in the past?

kie

20. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Ditto that Kie.................Maybe he is "Customer X" ;)
    This whole thread is strange.............I don't think we've had a dealer complaint here in many many months. Stokpro, you know this guy? Is he cool or do we just ignore him?

Kz

21. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Mr Cassini,
    You are entitled to your opinion as well, but I think you are posting in the wrong forum...as Kuzi mentioned, no one here has been complaining about Ferrari dealers in general or FoS specifically....so what's the problem? Also you are VERY wrong that "bad service is a matter of opinion, not fact..."

Please defend that comment...

Bad service can be opinion OR fact perhaps, but not always opinion.
    Just as GOOD service can be factual!

22. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    I feel compelled to imediately sell my 575 and buy a Pee car!

23. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I'm right behind ya Marty..............yeah right!

24. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

How much more me? I have a lowly Fiat 328 :(.

25. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    So will we ever hear from macassini again? Or was he a 3-post wonder?

How about glorified bug for that matter?

Oh, did anyone else notice the strange (coincidence?) similarities in some of their posting styles?

macassini put single quotes around 'good opinion' and 'your'. glorified bug did it with another F-chatter's name... 'letsjet'.

macassini spelled the word "nothing" like this... nuttin.

glorified bug spelled it... notin.

glory beetle seemed to have a sweet spot in his heart for a certain car from Stuttgart that macassini had in his garage as well. bugboy also wanted us to know that, hey, phonymacaroni has a valid point to make.

Perhaps macassini/glorified bug (or whatever new alias he has today) is having trouble deciding who he is.