Recommendations paintless dent removal | FerrariChat

Recommendations paintless dent removal

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Roryferrari, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roryferrari

Roryferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    Can anyone recommend a good PDR person in SJ area? Taking pics last night of my newely restored interior on my 328 and lost my balance. The halo (I guess that's what you call it) above head rests, between spoiler and roof panel has a couple of shallow dents due to my elbows. I have since removed the head liner for easy access to repair. I do not want to attempt this myself. So who's the miracle worker in the bay area? I'm sick about what happened and understand this is typicaly an esay fix.

2. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    In the past, I used Malcolm, the "dent artist" on the 911 and an E-type I had. I am not sure if he is still around, try 650 222 2333 (mobile)

3. Roryferrari

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    Thanks, I talked to him this morning. He works, lives in Redwood City. He was a little nervous about driving to Cupertino. He was going to try to make it today, haven't heard anything thus far.

4. Roryferrari

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    Thanks Luke for the recomendation! Malcom just finished with the repairs. I couldn't be happier with the result. My day was just made! The repair was just flawless and beyound what I thought was possible. Malcom does a lot of the high end cars at Bay area dealerships as well as private owners. He's been doing this for 7 years.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the before and after. I was just too embarassed in what I did. My car has been returned to whole. I couldn't even think of taking her out less someone would see her this way.

The price was more than I thought it would be, but well less than any paint and body shop would charge. This is the first time I've used this kind of service and would use it again in the future.

5. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Glad it worked out.
    I have to give him a call, too. Some gerbil probing, rat kissing progeny of a mutant humanoid put a huge ding in the Barney Boxster (it is the color) when my wife parked it at SCU last week....

6. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have used Dent Perfromance and they were great. Brad Treece is the guy that runs it and his # is 408-227-8031

7. JamesH

JamesH Formula Junior

May 11, 2001
    San Carlos, Californ
    Full Name:
    James Hom
    If you dont mind my asking, what did he charge and how long did it take.

8. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    He took 3 dents total out of two cars (M5 and 360) and charged me $175, this was two years ago.

9. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It took about 1.5 hours for the 3 dents

10. Roryferrari

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    6 dents of varying degrees of severity 5+ hrs = $500.