rubens shtick | FerrariChat

rubens shtick

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tatcat, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    what's up with rubinho's new little victory dance. perhaps he's been watching chaplin movies lately. all in all he certainly deserves to wiggle any way he wants. this has been the year of rubinho. what a guy.

2. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    seriously,

I think he is practicing for the 'Carnaval' lol, or he is part of the Scola Do Zamba.

George.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It has?, why?

He's won 2 races because his team mate's stuffing around due to probably lack of interest, and that makes it RB's year?

Pete

4. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where are the pics of his wife?

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    All the F1 fans at my house were laughing out loud at Rubens' antics after the win. I don't know where he got that "schtick" from - its pretty odd. But a win is a win and he seems to have celebrated within Bernie's guidelines (with the small exception of mock-conducting the Italian National Anthem for a half second):)

6. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
  7. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c

well he's finished every lap of every race so far. driven some spectacular races. signed a new contract. been on almost every podium and is definately the BEST of the rest.in a series that is dominated by an individual who is your teamate i don't think you can do better.

8. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I agree. His car is still better than everyone else. In effect the only true competition he has is MS. And he doesn't look so great in that comparison.

9. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Ya, but miles better than Irvine did !! Like all at Ferrari, he is the best for the role he is assigned to from within. It doesn't suck to be Rubens Barrichello.

Kenny K.

10. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    It depends but certainly not last Sunday

11. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    It depends ? It depends on what ? RB drives for the best team in the business and makes millions doing it. Do you ?

12. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael had a bad race, even he accepted it. Rubens far outclassed every driver on that track. Were you even watching the race? Or are you making ignorant comments again without watching the race?

Thank you Rubens for painting China Ferrari Red!!! :)

13. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    So RB has won every race (2) since MS has clinched the championship, not that I'm suggesting any conspiracy. Any bets that he will win the remaining two: Japan and Brazil. not sure about Japan but certainly Ferrari will do everything they can so he can win his home race.

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No watched this one and I have posted in the Chinese GP thread that all credit to RB for winning THAT single race. The winning of 2 races does not interpret to this comment:

Come on Imperial stay with the game. I'm not bashing RB at all, just putting things in perspective. He deservedly won both races ... but IMO that does not make the 2004 F1 race season the 'year of rubinho' ... I think maybe the year of 'Michael Shumacher and Ferrari'.

Rakinen won a couple or races last year (I think ... can't be bothered checking) but we did not see people stating it was the year of Rakinen, now did we? And that would have been MORE deserving because he actually was in the run for the WC right until the last race ... RB this year has never looked like winning the WC, thanks to unstoppable MS.

Pete

15. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Understanding what you said Peter, but RB has had the best year this year at ferrari. FOr the 1st time the car hasnt crapped on him like the past, and being second fiddle in the team all the time can get to someone after time, but it hasnt to him. Still drives his heart out at every race, regardless not many racer can do that. AS for Kimi, he was second last year, but the team focused on him mostly. RB does not get that attention like Shumi. or kimi. So I would have to agree that this is also his year.
    Rick

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay, can see this point.

Pete

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Who does?

How many six time world champs are running around the circuit, these days?

And Rubens manages without MS's checkered history.

RB is the patron saint of those who like to believe that nice guys don't always finish last. ;)

18. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj

That's a bet worth taking! Now that RB's clinched 2nd it's back to building records for MS.

19. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne

Well, when the car is as fast as Ferraris...there isn't a whole lot which can challenge them. Of non-Ferrari drivers...no one really.

20. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    There's a thought: Given that most of the series is already a given, if the BAR/Renault points battle is over -- how about they do the last race by pulling a car out of a hat -- drivers in random cars.

Think MS would still win in an Minardi? ;)

On second thought -- we've already had this, when MS went from successful Benetton to a back-marker, bedraggled team with red cars.

21. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Right, Ferrari as a "back marker"...LOL. I've never really considered 3rd place in 94 & 95 as a "back marker" but ok. A performance jump that they achieved from 95-96 is certainly reasonable, look at BAR this year. They went from 5th place to 2nd place in Constructors in a year time span.

I don't think MS can win anything less than a McLaren/BAR for most tracks. Even so, the Ferraris are still faster than it. And if Kimi or Button was in a Ferrari...heh...I don't think MS would be winning in a McLaren or BAR.

I think it's also conceivable to say that the driving talent in F1 right now is ahead of the stuff back then. Just look at the teams next year...can anyone honestly say that there is a slow driver in Renault/Williams/McLaren? Essentially all the drivers have proven that they *are* fast, very very fast.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep and going from 2nd place to first is about 10 times harder. Ferrari WERE a back marker team. They were so far behind (just like everybody is to Ferrari this year) that they were just picking up points. Thus yep they were aroudn about 3rd but that was completely miles behind Williams and McLaren ... just like everybody is now miles behind Ferrari.

Remember nearly winning is NOT winning and BAR still have fncken miles to go before they will break their duck.

Agree ... hence why RB is doing so well. But I reckon MS and Kimi could beat RB in a McLaren and possibly BAR.

Maybe, but I judge driving talent by the number of winners on the grid ... as again coming 2nd is a piece of cake compared to winning. It is a huge step.

Pete
    ps: In a way Ferrari and MS have it easy, because they know how to win ... that is a big mental thing. Most of the other drivers don't and many of the teams have forgotten ... :(

23. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Rubens has always done that strange dance where he looks like he's about to slip every time he wins a race. I believe it dates back to his early racing days when he was in Formula Ford. I think I heard that he won a race and slipped on the podium. He has (nearly) replicated his slip every time he has won since.

As for this being his year - I think he'll be pretty happy with 2004 as he has had a pretty impressive finishing record this year. I think his jovial manner means that he is sometimes underestimated as a driver - also the fact that his team-mate is a phenonomen doesn't help! I think Rubens would make life difficult and surprise a few people if he was teamed with Kimi, Jenson, or Fernando.

24. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    So, you're saying Webber doesn't have talent? :)

I'm sure you'll agree with me that talent is simply making the specific car go as fast around a track as possible. Remember, even MS drove a Jordan once. If he drove a Jordan now his talent isn't "less" because the car is slower.

25. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Anthony,

I'd really like to confirm that story if its possible. Thanks for getting up back on-topic.