R U READY? | FerrariChat

R U READY?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by masergt, Sep 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masergt

masergt Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    I am ready~! :)

2. fly on the wall

May 14, 2004
    Very cool plate, but I hope you're a friend of Remos or you won't be using that plate anytime soon!

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    True dat! True dat!

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    All the lawyers in the world would not keep you from using that plate. Great catch.

5. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    That may be true, but it is useless unless he can get an F430 :)

6. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  7. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    There is always FoQ, or Ferrari of Vancouver that will sell a car to anybody that could pay for it.

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    All he has do do is find a F430 owner and charge him some ridiculos amount of money for the plate..he will get it too.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Actually, you are incorrect Tony. If you want a new fcar you need to purchase from your nearest dealer of residence. If you live in Ontario as primary residence you need to purchase from FoO. Its a ferrari territory code. Used you can buy anywhere of course. But New is out of the question.....how do I know ? Tried it when I wanted a new 360.

10. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of this CODE. But I guess it makes sense.

11. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    not true...tsang85 bought his from FoO and he lives in Vancouver..... just going by what he told me!

12. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ANd from Vancouver where is the nearest dealer ???? Ontario !!!

Vancouver does not have a ferrari franchise....when Brian Jess was transferred it went to FoO. If your in BC you still go to FoO. If your Nova Scotia you buy from FoQ.
    Reread the thread....nearest dealer to where you live (primary residenence), New cars only from the factory.

13. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

misunderstood you then..... My understanding was that the Vancouver store is a franchise...

14. masergt

masergt Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    I don't understand why many people think that I can't afford a ferrari. I am a FoO current customer. I order the F430 and by the time FoO gets a final price they need more down payment. This "F430" plate is for me, not for sale. I don't have any offence feeling to you guys, but how about respect to other? is this too much asking?

15. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    John,
    Are they able to quote you a price yet?
    What is the estimated cost for the F430 ?

16. yoon

yoon Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    i've seen his invoice...... ^_^
    PRICE : TBA

17. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    My comment wasn't that you couldn't afford one, just that the waiting list is long.

My understanding is that every car brought into Canada must go through FoO first, then goes to FoQ.

18. masergt

masergt Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    the price of 430 is 10%~15% higher then 360 (according to FoO)
    the final price of 430 is may vary b/c of Euro and C$ currency.
    current price is TBA

19. masergt

masergt Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    My delivery date is June or July 2005.

20. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    ??? vancouver didn't have a dealer for awhile but now it has for the past 6 months.

the whole territorial thing is bull. if anyone who can afford a $200k+ car cannot afford a couple of addresses as their "primary residence" i would be amazed. perhaps, even the dealers themselves can help you out in this.

21. F430xxx

F430xxx Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2004
    I am sure the there be premium to pay for a couple of years on the 430 and the 360 will depreciate tremendously and rise back in value 2 models ahead of the F430.

David K

22. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

SInce you thing its bull go ahead and try, as for the guy who just got his 360 from FoO in Vancouver he ordered many months before the Vacouver franchise opened. Go ahead and ask for a new car and put the deposit down outside of your area and show us the invoice since you think your right.

23. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    say it again!!!!

24. fly on the wall

May 14, 2004
    If you do not wish to deal with Ferrari of Ontario and you live in Ontario, nobody can force you to. If you speak to FNA and give them a valid reason why you don't want to deal with Ferrari of Ontario, (if you need help with a reason, just ask and we'll post a myriad of them), they will accomodate you and you will be able to purchase elseware. Remo will put you on his s**t list and given a hard time when it comes to service. So be prepared to be treated like a lepar when you show up with your new Ferrari.

"Don't feed the monster"

25. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I love the way this board and emails always turn into some type of negative. The question was purchasing a car. It was not to look for dirt on FoO and call FNA to have them call another dealer. In an envirnonment of where they have a monopoly and everyone is aware ferrari always has produced at least one car less than demand. Hence, creating lists, people buying over list and awaiting list over 2 yrs in wait. All im saying is if you want to purchase a car you need to go to your nearest dealer !!! If you want to complain to FNA about not going there that is anyones options and right,but dont twist my words. Thats not want I was referring to.