Ortega Run | FerrariChat

Ortega Run

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by sirbob, Sep 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Every year, (I think) in Feb FCA does a run over the Ortega Hwy to a winery for lunch...

I have talked to a number of people about this route and some have suggested a little twist. Instead of starting on the side of the road (with no rest rooms etc) some have suggested starting the run at the winery for a champagne brunch in the morning, that would allow people who travel to the starting point to relax and do some bench racing over brunch. Then do the route in reverse ending on the Orange County side at a picnic destination that could allow other freinds and family to meet the group at the end destination.

I happen to live next to a park that would be a great place to end (just a mile or two from Ortega)...everybody could park on the lawn overlooking a canyon that has BBQ's tables etc. room for kids to join us & mom to bring the SUV with the beers & burgers...If the post run gathering is not your thing, you would just hit the 5 and go north or south as the run ends.

If anyone is interested in the modifcation to this annual run I would be willing to make the case to the club and see if they might be willing to tweek the plan...

Let me know.

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hey, good idea in theory, but are you sure you want to start a run off at the winery? Sounds like a good formula for some high fly'n insanity. IMO winding up there will make for a safer drive. Let us know what the route winds up being.

3. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Ortega was closed for construction last Sunday, maybe open now.

4. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It was closed for the better par tof 3 days...

5. clergy

clergy Rookie

Jun 28, 2004
    sir bob,

i was just wondering if you have the titanium blue color ferrari. i just happen to live right there in san juan, and although i dont have a ferrari , it would be nice to drop by and drool. by the way, is cooks park the one you were thinking about?

6. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have a black 355B & Porsche C2S

The park I was thinking about is off crown valley pkwy near the bridge that crosses the canyon between Marquirette & Antonio...
    as the run finishes you would turn rt on Antonio then lft on crown valley...park would be on the right before bridge.