NASCAR in WA state | FerrariChat

NASCAR in WA state

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willis360, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Just saw the newsflash on Komo4.com. Snohomish county site selected.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I saw a little bit on that Friday but it wasn't official. I hope National Speedway Corp has the forsight to design a road course into this facility. It will be 3 miles from my house and would be great to be able to run down there in my 240Z for some lapping.

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
  4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    3/4 mile is too small. It needs to be at least a mile. Short track is too boring, or I should say more boring.

On the bigger tracks there is more room for different stratagies and race lines. Not that I watch it much myself but if and when I do it's usually the tri-ovals or banked miles.

I know NASCAR is looked down upon as being boring and infact not real racing because they only turn left but consider what it would be like if YOU were trading paint at 150 MPH+. They need to change the name though. The cars are anything but stock and if you shot them all with grey primer you would see that they are all shaped the same.

I need to invest in some farm land around there and install facilities for motorhomes and campers. Big business during race season.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Am I the only one looking forward to the possible construction of a Cabela's?? (they often build a store adjacent to NASCAR tracks)

Like this....http://snipurl.com/9eh6

"The 175,000-square-foot store is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, featuring walk-through aquariums, an indoor mountain and an impressive display of museum-quality wildlife mounts."

If they build it, the public will come in droves!!!!!

Look out REI!

I was actually hoping they would build the track down South, say in Thurston County...as the congestion on weekends through Everett and Marysville is already intolerable...

6. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Is this true about Cabelas? I love flipping through there catalog..........alright I need to get a life.

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey the Cabela's catalog is like a guys version of the Spiegel catalog for women... ;)

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I agree, the traffic is intolerable through here. The best part is yet to come. It will be all torn up through Everett just in time for the Winter Olympics in B.C.. All to add an HOV lane and a collector/distributor lane on the R/H side,................. like that addresses the issue..................

Seriously, can you really say the traffic would be better through South Seattle/Federal Way/Tacoma? Doesn't look like it on the evening news......................

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yeah, but I'm heading north on the weekends way more often that south...so it would impact me less....just another NIMBY. ;)

10. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Ohhhhhh..........."I see", said the blind man:p

11. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    I don't want to pay the new taxes so the developers and promoters can have all the profits. And I also don't want to be driving on the freeway with all of those Hemi guys turning left.

12. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey, is this anywhere near the "Giant Coffee Pot"?

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The Big Giant Coffee Pot is 4.3 miles north of the site

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
  15. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  16. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Having experienced the Shanghai circuit - and imagining what could be done with a large tri-oval integrated with a road circuit using the same grandstand. Somebody else will do that right. Under-conceived and under funded projects never succeed.

I always say if you can't do it right don't do it half assed.

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Usually a result of being designed by committee and controlled by government

18. Rosso360

Rosso360 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    I guess Seattle isnt "Bubba" enough. Thank the maker.