Will you keep your 355 the next 4 years? | FerrariChat

Will you keep your 355 the next 4 years?

Discussion in '348/355' started by cinquevalvole, Sep 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Keeper or not?

1. Yes, I will keep my 355 the next 4 years. (approx)

2. No, I will sell it because I want to have a 360, 430 or another Ferrari

3. No, I will sell it. It won't be replaced by another Ferrari.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    I really think I will. I have been toying with the idea of an F430 but my 355 is just such a great combination of performance, style and reliability that I really would have a hard time justifyiing letting it go

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Get a 12 cylinder Ferrari. Once you go 12, you will never go back to an 8!

3. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Since newer model Ferrari V8's are faster, handle better, look better and have far better resale, why buy a 12?

4. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I haven't got one yet, but I will probably get on in four years and keep it for four years!

/Peter

5. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    If i buy that one i have plans to buy so yes i think i will keep for couples of years!!!

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Yes, yes sell 'em! Knock the prices down so I can buy one! :D)

7. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Of course I will. Same thing with my PTurbo and I'm now looking for a Diablo.

This brings up an interesting question from a macro prospective. What will be the status of these cars, say in another 10 years?

I think about this often. Let's say for argument sake that the 355 follows the 3X8's and some day you can buy one for $40-45K. As in the 3X8's, it opens up a new buyers market and makes the car more affordable to more people.

However, what sets the 355 apart is the engine out service. Who would buy a car for $45K that requires $7K for a major service? Nearly 20% of puchase price for a tune up! As time goes on these new owners will have sticker shock when it comes to service. Now what? Sell it cheap or part it out.

As time goes on I think more and more cars will get parted out and actually become scarce. The exception would be people like myself, and a few others here, who love this car, can afford to maintain it correctly and will continue to maintain it in concours fashion. That will ultimately add value to the car and it may become a collectable down the road...it will be interesting to see what happens.

In the mean time....enjoy it!