Kart2Kart October 2 | FerrariChat

Kart2Kart October 2

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by don_xvi, Sep 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    OK, folks, let's give it a shot!
    Lets plan on Saturday, October 2nd, and plan on getting to the track around noon. If that doesn't work for anyone that might go, speak up. Afterwards, we can go somewhere, maybe Fudruckers or something, and grab something to eat. Or make it an Italian event and go for pizza! LOL

Please RSVP ! They're not booked for anything at this point, but indicated that most of their reservations come within about a week, so we could shuffle the time if someone books the place, but this way we don't need a minimum head count to go race!

P.S.-I just took a little ride up around the Ryder Cup vicinity and it felt like a Ferrari club! Lessee, I had my 308, saw a 308 QV parked in the Kroger parking lot for a shuttle, passed a 328, saw the taillights of something late model in my side mirror, and I think there was more, I've forgotten!

2. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    That would be this weekend.
    Anyone in?

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    OOH, a special addition!

I just saw that the Sterling Heights Rotary or someone is having LAWNMOWER RACES just a couple of miles from K2K! I'll be going by the sign again tomorrow, and I'll get all the details then, I hope.

So is anyone planning to come out for karting, dining and lawmower race spectation?

4. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well gosh darnit! I'm in for crying out loud! Geez, it seems like we really can't represent here in MI. You know, I joined FCA too, and it just seems like there really aren't that many events going on in this state either.

I brought my car to the A2 rolling sculpture car show and enjoyed seeing other enthusiasts cars, now, I'm ready to go for a drive!

I just looked at the threads regarding the fun run out east. Why can't we get something like that here? Sheesh!

Well don_xvi, is it just you and I? This is bordering on pathetic!

Oh well, I hope you get more responses before Saturday.

:)

5. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Okay, if there aren't going to be enough to participate with k2k, what about a drive to Hell and back? (Er, that would be Hell, MI) Maybe departing from A2 along Huron River Drive, to Dexter, then on to Hell and back?

Just a thought. or, k2k would be fine too. I guess, since the we're not going to see too many more good days, it just may be cool to enjoy time our cars before they get put up for the winter. Thoughts?

6. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Mike will do something with you guys October 2, see your email

7. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I've invited some friends to come out & help fill out the field at K2K Saturday, dont' know how many may show, so I've gotta stick with K2K now...

Perhaps next spring we can plan a trip from metro Detroit to somewhere towards Coldwater and meet up with Jeff (?) from there with his TR for lunch!

8. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    What time are you going to Kart 2 Kart

9. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Noon!

Followed by watching the lawnmower races just up the road!

10. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    approx time.

11. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I talked to K2K yesterday, and the schedule's still clear for Sat, so they say it's good as can be that we'll be able to run at our convenience around noon, so let's rendezvous there at 12, strap on the helmets and RUN! I usually go for 2 or 3 rounds, but whatever people are into!

Don't forget your John Deere hat for the lawnmower races afterwards! (Can you tell I'm looking forward to that part?)

Ferrari attendance is encouraged, but not required. Ownership isn't required, either! :)

12. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I will be there looking forward to meeting you all pray for no rain.

13. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    See you guys tomorrow!

14. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I had a great time yesterday and nice to meet you all. I hope you all can make October 16th drive if your going let me know you should pre regester so they how many will be present.

15. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Any other Fchat readers near Detroit, take note! A good time was had by all, come out next time!

I forgot my camera, otherwise I could post pics of the staff at Kart2Kart watching us looking at each other's cars, pics of the Volvo wagon THEY all came out and started looking at (OK, they were making fun with us standing around so long looking and BS'ing), but we eventually herded ourselves inside and ran 3 sessions at a decidedly "leisurely" pace with ample time for... more BS'ing in between!

Thanks to the others that came out, Fchatters John & Mike, and our friends Jim & Jody, I think everyone had fun turning hot laps, visiting and comparing cars, and the K2K staff seemed to enjoy our little car show, too.

Too bad you guys couldn't stick around to go to the lawnmower races at the Shelby Lions Club fair, that was a real hoot, some of the faster classes were really funny to watch, guys doing donuts on lawnmowers is a new vision, too! The stock class was interesting as well, heck, if I find out when they're doing such a thing again, maybe we can schedule another event!

16. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don, thanks so much for setting up the K2K day. I had a really great time. I still have one run left on my membership so I'm going to have to make it back out there again, it was a blast. Definately let me know if you ever set something up like this again.

Sorry we couldn't join you for the tractor races, it sounds like you guys had a good time.

Don and John, I'm glad I didn't park next to you guys, I hit some wet roads on the way up to Sterling Heights so my car was, well, less than clean. I hope you two don't hold it against me! :)

Thanks again!

Mike

17. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    You're too kind for not noticing all that black soot all over the back of my car!
    Maybe I don't need to richen it up...

18. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    i wish i had seen this sooner. i'd love to join you guys next time.
    i organized a kart2kart event a while back with a huge turn out... over 20 cars showed (vipers, vettes, nsx's, ferrari....)

count me in next time.

19. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Nick I thought you were selling NSX and purchasing a Ferrari next time we have kart 2 Kart let you know sometime in spring April May.

20. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #20 nsxnick, Oct 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i did sell it. shopped around for something else.... but inevitably went with another nsx (this is my third).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    looks great Nick. Nice color Ferrari red just kidding.