Interesting 288 GTO replica for sale | FerrariChat

Interesting 288 GTO replica for sale

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Jon7, Sep 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon7

Jon7 Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
  2. TRiv

TRiv Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    North royalton Ohio
    Full Name:
    John J. Wargo
    Beautifull car, done right and beyond. At least from the pictures and description it could possibly out gun a real one in fit,finish, mechanicals, and performance, and it is a real Ferrari. As much as I like the F40,50, and Enzo, the 288 GTO was a more mature, civilized design. See reserve isn't met at 69K with 36 bids, wonder what the final sale will go for?

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    if i had the funds (now where have we heard that before?) i would buy it. looks good, and anything norwood did was first class.
    too bad this auction is now in my life and not later.

4. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I was gritting my teeth when clicking on the link, knowing the usual replicas that pop up on here.
    But that's magnificent

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I saw this car a couple of months ago. It looked very nice.

6. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Looks like a very high quality job, and it must be seriously fast with all that power. :)

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was also expecting something awfull but when I clicke don the link I was pleasenlty surprised to find a really nice and really fast car. If I had the money I'd probally thing about buying that. But IMPO it would be better if he just called it a modified 308.

8. m3j0n

m3j0n Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    i saw a GTO in mizner park here a couple of weeks ago. Obviously, in Boca Raton it could be a real one, even though I'm usually pretty skeptical. Are there any tell-tale signs of a replica vs. authentic? And how much do authentic ones sell for usually? thanks.

-jon

9. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I haven't read the ebay ad. but the telltale would be the wheelbase. The real GTO has a longer wheelbase than the 308. This is pretty obvious as it influences the lines of the body a great deal (especially the rear).

10. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He helped with the tranny and other mechanics on that car. It is very nice looking in and out.

11. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Nice looking car!

12. F430-Monza

F430-Monza Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    I wonder if there's anybody out there who attempted a perfect replica of a 288 GTO including having the correct size wheelbase etc ?