Tubi Questions | FerrariChat

Tubi Questions

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by VWH3RD, Sep 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Just drove my car with a new Tubi! All i can say is Holy Sheet!!!

The car sounds terrific!

My question : is it normal to have a rumbling sound when you come off the gas? I hope it is because it sounds great but it is a little different.

Also I am assuming the smoke and odd smell is just a burning off of the unit.

I can't believe I didn't do it sooner

Thanks in Advance!

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Yes, the burble on deceleration is normal and part of the fun :)

Some burning smell is normal with a new exhaust, it only lasts a day or so. Enjoy! I went with the Capristo, but they are both great and truly transform already great cars!

Gary

3. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Thanks Gary

I love the burble sound!!!

I am glad it is normal

4. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Burble or BUST!

I've driven behind 360's with tubis installed and I know for a fact it sounds best from the rear. What an incredible car!

Have fun :)

5. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    I'm considering either a Capristo or Tubi for my 99 355F1 Spider. What price range am I looking at for the exhaust only as I can have it installed locally.

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I got to follow several 355's, a 360 CS and a 512TR around the country side a couple weeks ago. The best spot to be was in the back of the pack listening to all the beautiful music!!! I have to admit though at a couple stops I snuck up in the lineup just so they'd pass me. That was even better!!

Even being four or five cars back I could tell when the CS was going to pass someone. I'd hear him grab a gear or two lower and the screaming would start!! I don't think he even has a Tubi yet, but I know at least a couple of the 355's did. They all sounded great!

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    You can check with site sponsor HG Parts (http://www.hgparts.net/) I think he carries both systems. Should be around $2800 or so (plus shipping I believe.

Gary

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Congrats nice mod!
    Erik

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What the heck are you doing on here? Go find some tunnels and let her rip!! You will never hear a better sound come out of a car then 355 with tubi running at 8kRPM under a bridge!!! Congrats man!!

10. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Which F-car do you have?

About the smell--that's normal; it'll go away after some mileage. Mine smells like cinnamon now! Not even kidding--cinnamon! :D

11. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    It is on a 360 . The smell has gone away and the sound is incredible

Thanks for all the help

12. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Yes, the Burble sound on deceleration is normal, i wondered that to when i first got my Tubi. Also, that smell will go away after a while, i think it's just shipping oil coating in the exhaust system that will burn away.

Also, i notice a sound change in the Tubi after it is warmed up between 3K and 4K RPM, a nice rumble noise, especially going under an over pass how it echos back...

I do get a lot of comments from people driving behind me, i wish i could get the nerve up to let someone drive my car so i can follow it to hear it... :)

My Tubi was my best investment to my 328, had it done last winter with my Major Service...