INVITATION TO PETIT LE MANS! 23-25TH | FerrariChat

INVITATION TO PETIT LE MANS! 23-25TH

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Sep 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    FELLOW F-CHATTERS

LOOK FOR THE YELLOW FERRARI FLAG AND 348 CHALLENGE. STOP BY MY RV BETWEEN TURNS 5-7 FOR DRINKS, ECT. SPOT IS ON THE INFIELD PORTION NEAR SKID PAD.

OUTDOOR SAT TV WITH DVD. MOVIES INCLUDING THE ORG. LE MANS WITH STEVE MCQUEEN, AFTER RACE.

ITMES NEEDED:

FOOD
    DRINKS
    TENT
    CHAIRS
    AUTO RELATED DVDs

PLENTY OF PARKING FOR CARS OF INTEREST.

DAVID
    803-351-0927

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I've got Brundle's Super Car movie.......I'll bring it and 2 or 3 pop up chairs. I think I've got one of those pop up tents as well.

3. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    David, props to you for doin this man, thanks! :D I'll see if I can bring some coke. I should be gettin there mid afternoon on Friday. I'm not sure if we're driving back to Gville again and then driving back Saturday or what the deal is yet. Still gotta figure some stuff out.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I did see one large RV (actually, more like a bus) with a Ferrari flag but no Ferrari. I went out to the skidpad twice during the day but the only F-car (aside from the two 360s on the track) was mine!

In fact I only saw three other Ferraris all day: a black 308 parked near the vendor village, a red 308 that drove by, and a black 355 parked on the side of an infield roadway. Do any of these belong to an F-Chatter?

I hope to see more of you tomorrow.

5. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Sounds like a great event...Sorry I will miss it!!! Please take PICS!!!

6. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Hey Jim,

We were out there but David Ferrari wasn't out there until LATE in the day. The RV is after turn 7, basically look at the spot were all the cars crash into the wall when accelerating too hard, that is were it is. But you can also just look for the Challenge car as it is out there now.

Joe C.

7. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Just wanted to thank David and everyone that had something to do with the huge spread, enjoyed everything thoroughly!

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had a great time. Much thanks to Mark, David and Joe for your hospitality. It was good to see Jeremy, Andy and Angelo again, as well as the rest of you (sorry, I'm pathetic with names!).

I frankly didn't expect that much to eat, and the bonus rooftop access (both at the skidpad and Turn 1) was welcome; I'm just sorry I didn't bring enough film with me!

I guess now we can answer the question: how many adults can you fit in a Land Cruiser?

And it looked like at least a hundred people strolling by took photos of my 328. I wonder if any will show up elsewhere on the web?

Now, all we need to do is to get Ferrari to do a better job of supporting GT racing in America..............

9. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    It was a great weekend. Jim, all of that was David and Mark, I had nothing to do with it except for the Land Cruiser, and that was a fun and interesting story. It is still for sale, brand new, never titled, with 98 miles. I can't believe that the navigation system actually showed the track and the infield roads. I never thought that a handicap tag would be so useful but I am glad that we had it and were able to use it, but I still ready to get rid of these crutches.

I am going to get my film developed today and I will post up pictures if they are any good.

But I want to agree with Jim and Trevor. I had a great time there with everyone. Thank you so much David and Mark. The food was great, the beer was interesting and the view was AWESOME!!! I forgot to leave a contribution but Mark told me that you wanted a front bumper off a challenge car but the guy would let you have it. Well, I have one so the next time you come down, if you want it, it is yours.

Joe C.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was intrigued by the fact that the sticker price on the Land Cruiser was almost an exact match for what my 328 GTS was back when it was new in 1986. And the Ferrari has higher gas-mileage ratings! But, of course, it can't hold 8 people or go off-road.............

11. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
  12. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Man, that has to be the best Petit Le Mans I've been to yet! Great to see everybody: David, Mark, Jeremy, Jackass err Joe haha, Jim, Mark, Trevor, Trey.

David and Mark: thanks SO much for letting us hang out in the air conditioned RV and stand on top of it for the awesome view. Thanks also for everything with the Ferrari of Atlanta trip as well, Greg and I enjoyed that a lot :) and I know Greg loved riding in your car as well.

Here's all the footage I took this weekend. One compilation video of all my Petit Le Mans footage and one from behind David's car, which has great sound I might add. You should like that vid David :D

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/andythomason/

Last two vids

- Andy

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Nice videos, Andy, especially the sound! Now I can show my friends where the RV was located.

When did you guys go to FoA? Depending on day and time you should also have gone to Flashback Motorworks; it's only about 10 minutes further north. Maybe next time........

And I should point out that FoA is quite a bit further from SC than the location of this weekend's Italian Car Day.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here's one for you, Andy--your car next to mine:

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And one of the side benefits of going to races:

16. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
  17. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    More pictures, not mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Haha! Man my car makes that picture horrible Jim!

I prefer this pic ;)

[​IMG]

19. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Shoot! Andy, that's a seriously hot shot!

20. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    hey thanks trevor! :) It's what I like to do!