CC & Ferrari of Central New Jersey CRAZY RUMOR | FerrariChat

CC & Ferrari of Central New Jersey CRAZY RUMOR

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by titanium360, Sep 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    I just got a call from a good friend of mine that had just recently vistied CC and was told by Frank that they will be buying Ferrari of Central New Jersey!
    I honestly believe that the people at CC are realy losing customers to FOCNJ and are just spreading rumors to protect their own clients and investments.

Why would FOCNJ wants to sell their dealership? As if Penske needs more money or is in financial trouble. I wish i had his financial problems!! It just doesn't make sense. anyone else heard anything?

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Just sent you a PM.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    At first blush this seems hard to believe given that the FoCNJ dealership has just been opened, and from what I understand Penske is enthusiastic about this. On the other hand, given that this is coming directly from Onofrio (per what your friend is indicating) rather than just being a "rumor" is a little perplexing.

While CC will undoutedly lose some customers, I personally think a little competition is healthy, and we will all end up benefitting. Keep in mind that while CC is not a "dealer" in the true sense of the word, their reputation [insert joke here], longstanding customer base, and materially lower hourly labor rate ($75 vs. $105 for FoCNJ) will continue to attract a steady stream of people.

Additionally, as we all recognize, one of the largest complaints against CC has been their inability to handle the significant volume that they've had to deal with as of late, leading to large turnaround times. The opening of FoCNJ should help mitigate this quite a bit.

Of course, there are always unique circumstances that might require Penske to sell-out (I guess here, it would be at cost), and we've known for some time that Frank has wanted "dealer" status. So, a buyout is not inconceivable, although admittedly, quite unlikely.

Keith would probably know, given the recent time he has spent as FoCNJ.

My curiosity is piqued.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I rest my case - :D Come on Keith, don't hold out on us.

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I have no input on the matter.

6. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Hmm... I always wondered why CC was not an official dealer. With CC's long standing in Ferrari servitude, why would they not have offered CC a franchise as part of Ferrari's expansion plan? Is there a secret skeleton in the closet? Is there something preventing Ferrari and CC from bringing their relationship to the next level?

Then, in Paris, I discovered why Frank might not have had the opportunity to have that franchise: There's a high-level relationship between the Penske organization and Ferrari. Ferrari's former CFO is now Penske's CFO -- or something like that. (I forget the exact details).

This, to me, would explain why Frank would not get the shot at the franchise.

So why would Penske sell FoCNJ? Have we heard about Penske's recent legal troubles down south? This could be a primo opportunity for CC to jump in.

7. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    i wonder the same thing....

if cc has such a close relationship with FNA regarding repairing their cars and
    franks ties with them, why arent they at dealer status especially since they are the only real ferrari facility in jersey.

regardless, i think competition is good and soon we will all have even more of a clear choice when buying/servicing/repairing our cars in the tri-state area.

cant wait to get a chance to check out the fcnj facility.

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    This rumor is FALSE! Ferrari of Central NJ is NOT selling the dealership. I could not bear to watch this thread anymore.

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    comeon.....i know u are still going to post on this thread

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Why do you think Frank said this? titanium360, could your friend have been mistaken?

11. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Keith has gone International Ninja on us...

12. udalmia

udalmia Guest

ok ill speak up

i have heard from very reliable sources, that frank is spreading rumors that he is buying ferrari of CNJ, since he is upset that he did not get the new jersey dealership quota which he was promised by FNA

Ferrari of CNJ IS NOT BEING PURCHASED BY ONOFRIO TRIARSI, this is from a reliable source, CNJ is not happy with this rumor either

Now if something went down the past 3-4 weeks that im not aware of, thats another story

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Shocking! :eek:

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

my opinion of CC is well known by most members of this forum, but i assure you im not lying here

15. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Onofrio seems a little pissed, no, but dirty poker? Hmmm... just the man we can trust with our expensive cars.

Well, all I have to say is "GIMMIE A DEALERSHIP I CAN TRUST, DAMMIT!"
    Who cares who owns the damn thing!

At this point, I'll just stick with Tom doing a great job on my cars and charging me up the a$$ for it until I find something better.

16. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    I'm with you Dave!!

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Vik, i heard about this yesterday from one of my friends that lives in New Jersey and is not a member of this board and does not even own a Ferrari. he drives a murcie.

Based on Utkarsh's post, now i know that this has to be rumor started by the folks at CC which i can not justify for the life of me. From what i have read Penske is on the Forbes top 200 richest in the USA and that not counting his assests in the United Auto Group.

The whole point of this thread was to find out if what was told to me friend is the truth or just a rumor started by CC. I just found the answer to my question!

18. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

Utkarsh, nothing has gone down the past 3-4 weeks.

19. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    noto, i'm with you, i dont care what dealership or shop i take my car to,
    or who owns what, or even what they charge, i need a shop that i can trust to fix my car right!! thanks for everyones time.

20. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

JC, were are you going? i will get your number from Brad and call you later on today.

21. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    whats up bro, not going no where, just thanking everyone for listening to my b!!ching.
    speak to buttuz daily, told me he gave you my cell. no prob. call me. when i get my car back, lets meet up on the island and grab a drink.

22. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    No problem. but don't invite Brad! let see how long it takes brad to comment on this one.

23. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    about 10 min i am calling you NOW!!!!

24. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    just got this off the Forbe's website tought it might be interesting.

#142, Penske, Roger S
    Track This Person

| Floor Wax & Smokestacks

Net Worth: $1.7 billion
    Source: Shipping/Trucking/Transport, cars
    Self made

Marital Status: married , 5 children
    Hometown: Birmingham , MI
    Undergraduate: Lehigh University, Bachelor of Arts / Science

Star racecar driver retired from racing in 1965 at age 28. Worked for Alcoa; left, bought Chevy dealership. Started Penske Corp. in 1969. Now controls over 200 dealerships in the U.S. and Europe; truck leasing business, auto parts manufacturer. Also chairman of United Auto Group, nation's second-largest auto dealer. Owns 2 Indy car teams, 3 Nascar teams; part-owner of Deer Valley ski resort in Utah. In the driver's seat as chairman of Detroit's host committee for the 2006 Super Bowl.

25. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Glad to hear that this is finally cleared up. I hope that the bashing of each dealership can stop. To eachs own. Let the people who want to go to Classic go there and the people that want Central go there. No need to create a fued between the two. There is more than enough business for both of them.