Desperately seeking new 360 CS | FerrariChat

Desperately seeking new 360 CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by GoodWood, Oct 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi folks, just joined your terrific board. Seeking to obtain a new 360 CS in either Titanium, Silver, or Blue, (in order of preference), and selling my 02 P turbo w/X50, that I've had since new. Ready for something new, more exciting, and sensory overloading! Not having much luck finding anything so far that fits the bill, with the exception of those found @Beverly Hills Classic cars, which has SIX of them, all at outrageous prices!
    If anyone can steer me towards one, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    there are plenty of cars on the market. search search search.

ebay.com
    thecarexperience.com
    cars.com
    carbuyer.com
    ferrariads.com

and so on and so forth ad nauseum.

have you talked to your local dealer? midwest, cauley, lake forest, continental?

asking prices are just asking prices - be sure to negotiate. what are you expecting to pay for one?

good luck.

doody.

3. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You may remember me from the Funcars board as Steve S. I have checked w/Ebay, and Ferrariads.com, but will also check the others you mentioned. And no, I have called any regional dealers yet, but will this am. So, far, all the websites I've checked haven't got any, including Lakeforest & Continental. Looking to pay a small premium over msrp.

4. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    how many miles ?

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    welcome steve - were you the uber-white turbo guy? one of you midwesterners had a thing for white cars - they were gorgeous.

i have heard of a few CSs changing hands for right around sticker - but the going prices seem to be more like 5 to 15 over. bid seems to be 10 over, maybe a bit less right now. ask seems to be 20 to 30 over, which gets silly pretty quickly.

rosso corsa is far and away the most popular color - for better or for worse. if you must have silver, titanium, or blue i'd guess you'll pay extra unless you're lucky (opinions vary on this front, some folks arguing that RC is the only good color, so they'll command more - whatever). regardless of price, availability will be your biggest problem.

good luck with the search, and i'll keep my eyes open for ya. my incoming car is Rosso Corsa, so i won't bother offering it to you for 50 over sticker ;)

doody.

6. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    the market is what the market is and refusing to pay it gets you no where.

there is a red with 4500 miles available for around 190 if you want to save $

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Beverly Hils Classic Cars certainly has the best selection available. Their pricing is in line with the current market. Even if you find one elsewhere the chances are it will be similarly priced. Andy Cohen at BHCC is one of the good guys. Make him an offer. He 'll listen.

He had a beautiful black CS in his shop on Wednesday, with Red/black leather seats (Red seat, black bolsters).

8. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    After searching for my CS, I don't think I found a single dealer as ridiculously priced as BHCC. Anyone who thinks they (or most other high line car dealers in LA) are "in line with the current market" hasn't checked the market any further out than a couple hundred miles away. Keep looking Steve. You don't have to take that beating if you don't want to (remember that early TT of yours!). If you don't care and just want what you want, that's a different story all together. I'll keep my eyes open too.

PS. You will NOT be disappointed in this car!

9. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Asking price and sale price are never the same. There has to be a reason why BHCC consistently has more CS's than anyone else, and they sell as quickly as he puts them on his showroom floor.

I believe the car is worth it. Ferrari really hit one out the park this time.

10. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i continue to maintain that LA prices are consistently insane :)

the market is some intelligently-weighted national average. LA is the absolute highest end of the market.

i know of one CS that sold twice in NY for right around sticker. i believe two CSs sold right around sticker in MA in the last few months. and so on and so forth.

i'm certain they put something in the drinking water out there ;)

doody.

11. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    There are several on Ferrari NA's marketplace listing.

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    all red. the silver one is now kuzi's.

doody.

13. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    All the CSs on BHCC's site have been there for quite some time. Gee, wonder why.

14. Shuey2k

Shuey2k Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Willi Schumacher
    Doody, I thought your CS is coming in as Rosso Scudiera and not Rosso Corsa?

15. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    you are correct :)

color me clueless! scuderia not corsa. duh.

of course we all know how these guys operate - it could just as easily show up purple with a pink interior!

doody.

16. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just got off the phone with Andy of BHCC, and the Blue CS has been gone as of 2 wks ago, as is the Silver one. He also mentioned that he will not come off the asking price of any of his CS inventory. I'm tired of looking....for now. All I'm finding are Red ones and 1 Yellow. I did find 1 Silver one @229k, but haven't tried calling them yet. This Blows!

17. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    #17 watt, Oct 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    because he never changes the website. the CS come in and most are sold before they even hit the floor.

you can definitely save 10k or more by buying east, but if you live in LA, you have to trust the distant seller [witness the bad car tom barth was presented by cawley- a dealer!!!], it takes time and energy, and transport risk/cost... and if they have any miles, you have to worry... and if you lease it you give all your savings back anyway in interest.

everyone has a different NPV on the work involved in buying a CS. i know Andy Cohen well having coached his son in soccer and baseball for years. His cars are solid. LA has always been higher priced -- e.g. 10 higher in Porsches when they were hot 3 years ago...

there's tons of money out here that would rather save time and hassle than a few bucks. and to repeat myself the NPV of one months of CS driving, which is at least the time it costs you to hassle around east, transport, etc, is vastly greater in FUN than the $$$ you save!

The car ROXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #18 GoodWood, Oct 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What does that stand for? I'm old and unhip, and don't have a clue. I went ahead and bit the proverbial bullet, and sent Andy an overnight deposit on my (overpriced) brand new Titanium over full Black leather 360CS. Besides, my 5 yrs of alimony pymts are FINALLY about to come to an end :) so I should splurge!
    So, is anybody in the market for a "real clean, low mileage" '02 X50 Turbo? ;)

19. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Congrats on the new CS. The Titanium is just stunning and I know once you have it you will forget about any "premium" that you may have paid for it.

As for the 996, it looks like you have a very nice example there. I'll be happy to give you a few pointers as to where to post it for sale and I also know an outfit here in the NY area that should be able to move it for you quickly on consignment. Feel free to PM me for the info. ENJOY the CS!

20. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    npv/net present value?

anyway, the "premium" won't hurt at all after a drive or two. Congratulations!

Will

21. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway

my comments on value: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32242&page=2

net present value is future value discounted at some relevant interest rate - i use it evaluating stocks... but the concept of value and time and a cost or rate of discount applies here as well, and they vary for each buyer based on their personal trade-offs.

titanium is gorgeous, you'll love that car. hey and post your [much less attractive -- than your new CS] TT on 6speedonline and rennlist and ebay to reach the market

22. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Steve, given your location, not sure why you didn't wait until spring to purchase, but I do fully understand the bug and acting when bitten. I just sold a titanium 550 and can assure you its a stunning color that you will not tire of.
    You know the rules, you must post pics within 8 hours of vehicle arriving or she melts in your garage overnight!! Enjoy, John

23. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Winters around here are sure enough cold, but the snow rarely acumulates, or sticks around for long. There's always a day or 2 in any given week that a sportscar can be taken out and driven with a certain degree of caution. Jees, waiting til Spring would be unbearable!

24. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thnx watt, I'm *so totally stoked* (uhh, did that sound hip?) it's like I'm about to have the best Xmas I ever had!!

25. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know I made this decision somewhat spontaneously, but I've been thinking of replacing my Turbo for quite a while now. Just didn't know what with... 'til now!