Witnessed a VIPER being destroyed... | FerrariChat

Witnessed a VIPER being destroyed...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Oct 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Unfortunately i didn't have my camera with me, but yesterday, while droving down Gary Rd. in Bloomingdale, right across from Stratford Sq. mall, some guy in a new VIPER was weaving in and out of traffic headed northbound, i was headed southbound in the right lane. Suddenly i saw him swerve and loose control and he slammed into the car that was right in from of me. That guy spun around and ended up in the median and the viper basically just disinigrated. I was in my truck and veired off onto the shoulder, got hit with some flying glass, thankfully no damage to my vehicle. No serious inguries, but the guy in the other car did go away in the ambulance.

There was nothing left of that viper, people in the other lane said he was drag racing other cars and swerving in and out of traffic until he lost control and skidded into on comming traffic.

Stupid loss of a nice car to, i caught a quick glimps of the car before it hit and it was a nice new red viper....

I wish i had my camera with me, you couldn't tell it was a viper except for the tail lamps where ok....

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Idiot Morons Street Racing or Driving dangerously and putting other peoples Lives in Danger should get their Cars confiscated,and Licenses revoked... even if it's their First offense. Thats the only way that they'll learn,BEFORE an innocent life gets taken for no reason. There's no room on the Public Roads for that B.S.

I hope that this Punks Insurance Company drops him. And,he won't be able to get insured by any other Insurance company unless He,(or Daddy) Pay's Big Bucks....

3. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    Another moron totals an expensive car that he cant control. The viper is one of the more dangerous cars if you are driving recklessly and this guy probably was a moron with no experience whatsoever who was trying to show off. Luckily no one was hurt! He got what he deserved though

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Cripes! The way traffic backs up on Gary between Stratford Sq & the Dominicks...I can't fathom how anyone would even try to do something
    that stupid :(

Glad you were OK!

5. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    The guy in the Viper did have that stereo-type that was a spoiled rotten brat, he was walking around the entire time with the cell phone glued to his ear, probably calling daddy??? Then we saw the police put him in the back seat of a squad car and a few minutes later drive off. Hopefully he was going to jail....

My worst fear was me being in my 328 and at the place of that other guy that got hit. I would probably be dead, that guys air bags deployed from the impact and both vehicles are more than likely going to be totalled... If that guy hit my 328, i probably would be the one being arrested, for murder, i would have gotton out of my car and friken strangled that guy, first i would see if he was ok, then i would strangle him.....

Yes, there was a lot of traffic too, the guy was ligitimately a jerk and should not be owning a car like that....

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I blame Charles Darwin...
    He would have been eaten by a saber tooth tiger 100,000 years ago...
    now some doc will spend tens of thousands of dollars to cover his a$$ to prove this moron did not truly hurt himself...

7. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    I don't get it,please explain ?

8. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Driver shows up in the emergency department.

Emergency physician orders tests that are truly unnecessary to guarantee nothing is missed, to attempt to prevent a summons from a plaintiff's attorney accusing him/her of negligence and falling below the standard of care.

Driver will sue Daimler-Chrysler for the car losing control and a lack of appropriate safety devices, such as an engine kill switch which prevents numbnuts with single digit IQs from operating potentially lethal machinery.

Despite thorough emergency department care, driver will contend he had inuries that went undiagnosed in the emergency department. Because of this missed diagnosis, the driver will claim he has long term injury, pain, and suffering. Emergency room physician, who has by now relocated to Indiana or Wisconsin to escape the Illinois malpractice crisis, will be served with a summons and spend probably 100 hours of his or her life with attorneys and in a courtroom because of this nonsensical claim.

God bless the tort system in America.

9. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Amen, Gary!
    I had a few beers with some new friends 2 nights ago, got on the topic of Malpractice and the impending sh*t storm in Illinois, and especially Cook County. None of these people had any idea how bad it has become, and what is to come.

Yasir -
    Charles Darwin had a little theory with regards to the animal kingdom... survival of the fittest. If you were weak, unintelligent, or otherwise maladapted for your environment, you and your kind did not survive.
    Our friendly Viper driver displayed an obvious lack of neuronal cooperation and coordination. Our society has evolved, or devolved depending on your view, to the point that some argue that the gene pool is being polluted with folks that would have been eaten by a saber toothed tiger a million years ago, and therefore would not have passed on their defective genes. Modern medicine spends most of its time and resources protecting those same people. While not an entirely acceptable idea to some people, it may help explain what may appear to be unexplainable.

Sorry to hijack the thread Tod....
    I think I'll take the Minivan out and see what she can do! That crisp handling, the roar of the 3.8L V6... LOOK OUT!

10. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    No Problem Mike, it's always good to vent.... ;)

I found these pictures on wreckedexotics.com, they pretty close looks like what this guy did to his viper...

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Right On,Spike! As an ER Doc.,I bet you see some pretty incredibly Stupid things all the time...."Well,Doc. I was trying to slice a Turkey with my Circular saw,and all of a sudden....."

What the Hell ever happened to 'Common Sense'...? I mean,even some of those with,supposed "Higher Education" seem to Lack Common sense....(Book Smart,but No common sense)

"Nobody told ME that the Coffee was Hot..." "Nobody told ME that the wet floor was slippery..." "Nobody told ME that if you put 50 people on an 8' X 10' Wooden Deck,it would collapse..." "Nobody told ME that a Viper is a very Powerful car,and that it needs to be driven with care and respect for it's Power...." And so on,and so on,and so on...........

Everybody has to blame someone else for their own Stupidity....

I agree that Charles Darwins Theory of Evolution should be left intact. Society just makes it too easy for these idiots to thrive...All of these "Warnings" on TV Commercials..."Do Not try this at Home"....NO! Let the idiot try it at Home! (as long as it doesn't hurt someone else) Then,that will eliminate one more moron from that Gene Pool!

And,with all of these stupid "Dysfunctional Family" TV shows on Television thses days...And,the Morons that have to emulate that behavior because they think it's Cool,or,to show off.

Or the College Students,our future leaders in Business...with the Animal House Mentality....

Let 'em succumb to Darwins Evolution theory...and Soon!!! ....:)

12. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    im a firm believer that darwins theory ended with humans. there are too many stupid ass morons in this world that would make me think otherwise. accidents of this sort are just one of the many examples to back up my reasoning. anyone agree?

mike

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank