Autocar drives 430--------------------------- | FerrariChat

Autocar drives 430---------------------------

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonyh, Oct 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    It'll take me too long to type the whole report out so here are a few snippets;
    "...the 430 is so quick it has become one of those rare cars in which you need to pick your moment carefully before opening the throttle fully; a car that eats up straights so rapidly you have to be extremely mature about where and when you deploy full acceleration........
    A little later, up in the hills above Maranello, the 430 gradually begins to reveal more of it's dynamic repertoire- and it's a mind boggling experience all in all.Its steering is so light yet so incisive i found it impossible not to get carried away throught the corner where we took the photos.Its suspension was beautifully-and i do mean beautifully- composed over every surface it was asked to deal with.And the brakes;well, the brakes are just incredible.
    This car is fantastic. Not, perhaps as good on the track as it is on the road,as i discovered an hour later. But remember, despite the way it goes and looks, this is not a racing car. It's a road car. Very probably the best road car Ferrari has ever built........"

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  4. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    he's a small quote I picked from the 4 car article: carbon ceramic composite brakes - as used on the Enzo and the 360 Challenge Stradale - are an expensive option at around £9500.

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Now that's IMPRESSIVE!