Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax | FerrariChat

Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F328GTS, Sep 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Just used some Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax on the car for the first time, and it is the dogs dangly bits. I have previously used Autoglym super resin polish and extra gloss protection which was ok, but the Meguiar's totally blows it away. I used the Quik clay bar first followed by two coats of NXT and the car now has a real deep shine, so much better than I have had before. It is also really easy to apply, and when wiped off does not leave any white dust. Finally, its only £15, so fantastic value for money.

If you are unsure which wax to use, or want to try something different then give it a go. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Nigel.

2. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
  3. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Don't want to sound thick but what exactly does a clay bar do? I've seen it mentioned so many times but am still blissfully ignorant

4. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Where did you buy the wax and clay bar from?

5. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Hello from across the pond,

I was just browsing thru and saw your post on the NXT Tech Wax. I too just purchased this 2 days ago and used it today. I must say that this is the best stuff I've seen yet. Rubs on clear and wipes off clear (no white residue)! I thought no way this stuff would turn out so good since it looks like you're rubbing chicken grease on the car, but wow does it look nice! Because it's so easy to use, it took me half the time it usually does to do a full wax job. I also bought the NXT Booster Wax to use for quick touch-ups after every drive. I took a couple "after pics" but because it was getting dark out the flash went off and the pictures didn't turn out. Well just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents (American) on this great wax.

Take care,

Jesse

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    The clay bar removes general grime and oil spots and leaves paintwork smooth as silk-allegedly :)

7. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Will take some pics next time we have a sunny day....

8. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    As Tonyh has said, it removes the surface layer of grime off the car and leaves it as smooth as glass. The real test is to do one panel then slide your hand over it, and then slide your hand over an untreated panel. You will be amazed at the difference.

This was my first time with the clay bar, and I was a little nervous using it as it is literally a piece of clay about the size of a small bar of soap. You simply spray some lubricant on first, and the clay bar just glides over the surface. Very simple to use and very effective.

9. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Sounds like it might be worth an investment. Do you have to do any kind of prepping of the paintwork first e.g. removing all the existing polish?

10. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
  11. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I had used Autoglym Super resin polish about 4 weeks previously, so it was already fairly clean. I just did a wash and dry, clay bar, and NXT wax. The whole thing takes about 3 hours.

The clay bar is only about £12 so it is worth while. Somebody else posted a good tip a while back, and that is to cut the clay bar into three pieces. Then, if you drop it you can bin it and use a new piece. Actually one third of a bar was enough to do the entire car, so for £12 you can do it three times.

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  13. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Well I just got myself a Meguiars Quik Clay pack

Am intending to do it over the weekend but was wondering how much pressure it is safe to apply when using the clay bar.

Is it just a very light skim over the surface or do you need to press a bit harder, say with a similar amount of pressure as that used to buff off polish?

I'd rather not overdo it but then again I don't want to be spending all day going over the paint because I'm too scared to apply it hard enough.

14. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    You'll be amazed how the clay bar just glides over the surface. If it starts to stick, you need more of the liquid spray. I found the amount of pressure required just comes naturally.

15. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Well I just applied the clay bar. Like you said, it's very easy to apply and the pressure required comes naturally.

Never having had any experience of the smoothness of babys bums I'm not in a position to make any comparisons but I'll bet it's close!

Just applied the NXT generation polish and it's bloody raining now before I've had chance to rub it off.

9 times out of 10 that happens :( Grrrr