Thinking About a Continental GT | FerrariChat

Thinking About a Continental GT

Discussion in 'British' started by StoryBook, Oct 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I'm thinking about a Continental GT and wondered who here has one and what their impressions are so far. I realize they are fairly new so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I have been driveing and useing one every day for the last 6 months, it was one of the first ones in the uk, in fact do a search under "chaas new work car". Never expereanced a problem with it apart from the bloody boot keeps opening when i press the wrong button on the key fob, you dont know you have done it until you are in the car and notice the warning light. Also sometimes the key warning light comes on?? Funny that becourse i never use the bloody key its always in my pocket, although you are never quite sure wether the car locks its self every time you walk away from it, becourse the car senses the key fob in ya pocket and locks and unlocks the car as you arrive and leave the thing.
    Anyways its a fab car, the rear seats are just big enugh for a pair of adults but the front seats room suffers sumwhat.
    From different angles the car looks fab but from others it looks like a slug.But this is forgiven becourse of the awsome power of the thing. Some people say they have heard that you can feel the 2 plus tones weight of the car, but they have probably not ever driven one, from my expereance they can shift and handel very well indeed.
    As for the paddel shift i never ever use it,theres no point. Any way thats the car from my point of view. Oh and my best bit of the car is that neat bonnet relese catch. Sorry about any spelling errors but anyone who knows me knows i dont give a S***.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    make sure you're comfortable with the rear head room. a buddy of mine decided to pass on his GT in part 'cuz he thought it was just a tad tight back there for adults.

fwiw,
    doody.

4. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I'll mostly be using it for a new addition to the family...........so mostly a baby/child seat. :)

5. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I would check out the new DB9 as well. Sleepy fish has a video
    (the train race) of the DB9, and it looks fantastic.

If I had to choose between the two, I would take the Aston.

6. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Chaas, did you consider anything else prior to picking the Bentley? And if you did, how did it compare to those? I looked up your thread and thats a gorgeous car. Your a big boy........You fit into those cars?....;)

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Dude i have no choice, i am his bodyguard and have to drive what he buys.So its the GT, range rover, assorted ferraris and lambos as well as a Hues helicopter which i cant fly (F**K), and a sunseeker yacht inwhich i have had the pleasure of crashing LOL!. He is showing interest in the DB9 and has his name down for one of the early f430s.Tough job i know but hey you know the reast.

8. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have driven one a few times and have an order for the convertible which from what they say is another year off. I don't find the weight an issue for this car but the back seats are tight for an adult. I too will only be using the rear for our new baby so not too worried about size. I am waiting to check out the Aston Volante as well but it isn't due out until March but since I already have a Bentley and a service relationship it probably makes more sense for me to go that way. Will here in Md. has one as well as a Stradale and a 575 so he could probably give you a decent comparison.

9. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Been checking around..........and there are some out there. What is the msrp on one of these assuming it has the 2 peice wheels, heated steering wheel, and veneers in the doors? I've got quotes from 180K to as high as 210K........but they must be on something!

10. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I think MSRP on the coupe is in the 165 range. From what I have heard they are still getting 20-25k over unless its a bad color.