Quattroporte - Neiman Marcus Edition | FerrariChat

Quattroporte - Neiman Marcus Edition

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Kewpie, Sep 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    http://www.quattroportenews.com/NM/nm.aspx

Maserati Quattroporte Neiman Marcus Limited Edition

To qualify for one of only 60 Maserati Quattroporte Neiman Marcus Limited Editions, please phone the dedicated call center team at 1-800-461-9468, starting October 14th, 2004, noon eastern time.

Integrating the heart of a sports car with the soul of a luxury touring car, the fast and opulent Maserati Quattroporte delivers Italian style and passionate performance for the most discerning automotive connoisseurs.

Rare as this superb sedan is, the Maserati Quattroporte Neiman Marcus Limited Edition is even more exclusive: only 60 will be available.

The Quattroporte driver will appreciate the peerless combination of Maserati power and control, as occupants enjoy the height of civilized automobile touring insulated from intrusive road noise by the superb design and construction of this lithe and curvaceous sedan.

Quattroporte's form and function do not compete for primacy, they cooperate throughcraftsmanship that affords excitement to those fortunate few who will own one. Imbued with the heritage and skill of Maserati and the design genius of Pininfarina, the Quattroporte is a dynamic work of art whose realization surpasses the considerable expectations and excitement it generates. The Neiman Marcus Limited Edition provides the opportunity to be among America's first Quattroporte owners, its exclusive features setting apart an already outstanding automobile.

Special Limited Edition Features

Unique combination of Bordeaux Pontevecchio exterior and Ivory interior with Bordeaux interior piping
    Exclusive 19" Ball Polished Alloy Wheels
    Exclusive Chrome Mesh Grill
    Exclusive Chrome Side Vents
    Unique numbered plate embossed with signatures of designer Pininfarina and the buyer
    Extended natural leather interior
    Custom door sill molding

Included Options
    Alcantara headliner
    Mahogany wood steering wheel, hand brake, and interior trim
    Power Sunroof
    Power Adjustable, Heated, Ventilated Front Seats with Massage and Auto-adaptive cushioning
    CD Changer
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Aluminum colored brake calipers

Selection of Standard Features
    4.2 Liter V8 Engine
    Dual overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder
    Poltrona Frau leather interior
    GPS Satellite Navigation
    Bose® Audio System
    Multi-zone climate controls
    Duo Select Paddle Shift Transmission
    Skyhook Continuously Variable Adaptive Suspension
    Maserati Stability Program

Performance Specifications
    Power 400 bhp
    Torque 333 lb-ft
    0-60 mph Under 5.2 seconds
    Top Speed Over 170 mph

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You know, that looks hot.

But I also though of a Buick Park Ave. Ultra.

3. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    $125,000 according to the catalogue
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/sitelets/christmasbook/christmasbook.jhtml?&cmCat=navpromo

I like:
    1) all options picked out for you
    2) chrome mesh and side grille
    3) pinninfarina signature badge
    4) alcantara roof liner
    5) "Pininfarina personally chose his favorite colors, materials, and finishes.

I don't like:
    1) options picked out for you.
    2) chrome wheels (yikes!)
    3) owner's name along the signature badge ?
    4) no sports package

i think it goes against maserati's personalization marketing plan with this car, but hey, there are people who can go wild and wrong with color choices, and they have to have an identifiable NM edition.

there are items not available to non-NM cars - alcantara roof liner, chrome bits, signature badge, custom sills, wood steering wheel...

the dealer did not allow me to order alcanatara roof or leather roof liners despite it was available in the brochures.

there was no info that a wood steering wheel was available for regular cars; but i think i would be just happy with leather.

not sure if you can add more options to these NM QP. looks like they really neglect the rear passengers - as you can option in for rear climate controls, heated seats (or better yet comfort massage seats), blinds, picnic tables...

nothing said about delivery date, but you will complete the sales at the local dealer. for those who are waiting for one until next year, this might be a jump in the line.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Is sport package the only 'missing' package?

I also dislike the wheels on this car.

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    It is funny I brought up this same subject over a year ago (but on a Benz Saks 5th Ave Edition 61 made) and everyone went nuts saying it is a waste of money to buy something like that because it won't be worth the upcharge years down the line. What do you guys think will these cars be worth something down the line?

6. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
  7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I believe 2 out of every 3 drivers will assume this is a Buick. Heck, if I just saw this out of the corner of my eye, I would think it was a buick!

8. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I like that it resembles a buick, its kind of stealthy.

If some kid in a Civic is getting rowdy in the lane next to you, and you leave him in the dust in a "Buick," how do you think he is going to feel? :)

9. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    SADLY - right down to the 3 side grille....

i can tell u the NM catalogue is a great promotional piece. history tells us those cars sells quickly. resale is not particularly good or bad. (someone please check the resale of those DB7's and 645Ci's that were sold a few years ago and compare).

i will tally up the options and see what it comes out to... i think it is not too much upcharge.

10. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
  11. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I think it is pretty cool when they do stuff like this. My moms CLK500 which is a Saks benifited Breast Cancer research.

12. Hardly resembles a buick actually far from a buick.

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

damcgee.........

Awww man.......you've ruined it for me now.............do you think that we could out a taxi sign on top of the roof ?

14. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Are you on crack?

15. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I couldn't agree more! People jump on the "Buick" bandwagon becuase of the port holes when in reality, Maserati has used them before.
    If you've seen the Quattorporte in person and you think it looks like a Buick then I feel sorry for you, this is one the most beautiful cars to come around in a long time.
    This frustrates me almost as much as the people who claim the Maranello doesn't have the Ferrari "look" and that the only "real" Ferraris are the ones with a mid-engine design:(

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    They recently introduced a wood option for both the steering wheel and parking brake. Also, alcantara headliner is now available as well.

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Are you?

It's ridiculous to hear people say that it looks like a Buick, and of course they are saying it because of the port hole vents. Maserati had used these vents way before Buick ever did.

Aside from the port holes, where do you see any other similarities?

18. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    My dad bought a neiman marcus car. Last year he owned the neiman marcus purple cadillac XLR for about 2 months before he traded it on the blue one he is still driving daily. It isn't worth it to get one of these cars. They barely modify them and they don't hold their value.
    Erik

19. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Blah, blah, blah...all I read was PURPLE...that is why the resale on your dad's XLR did not hold up:)

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Other than the shiny rims, I would want most of these options on my QP. They should be available to anyone willing to pay.

Forza,

Cavallini

21. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Slight, but that's in photos. I haven't seen a QP in the flesh but I have seen the Buick, and frome experience I've learned that Pininfarina creations take on an entirely larger presence in the flesh.

And if the Maserati does bare a slight resemblance to the Buick, who cares? I certainly won't when it's time to order mine.

Forza,

Cavallini

22. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Just about everything that is on this NM QP is available as an option that you can currently order...those that aren't, give it time and they will be.

23. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You don't like chrome wheels!?!?!?!??!? Whaaaa!?!?!?!?

24. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Buick did the copying, folks.

25. CalGTS

CalGTS Karting

Jan 18, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Leigh
    jeas.. you guys have obiously not seen one for these cars in real life if your trying to make compairisons with a buick