Top Gear GT3 and 360CS | FerrariChat

Top Gear GT3 and 360CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by codemunky, Oct 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    "I think a Ferrari is a scaled down version of God, and a Porsche 911 is a jumped up VW Beetle."

LOL... Classic.

2. vdavie

vdavie Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    norcal
    Full Name:
    vince davie
    I have a 355 and a few old porsches, ie 73 rs ect.. a friend of mine has a gt2, went for a ride last weekend and i must say that is one hell of a car...guess what i am looking for now?

vince

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    An oldie, but a goodie. The line noted above is truly the funniest. Said with a British accent, Jeremy Clarkson-style, even funnier.

4. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    So true...

5. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    *looks at RACE button*

*fills face with greedy smile*

6. IHaveNoCar

IHaveNoCar Rookie

May 17, 2004
    Hahaha... the Konnesegeeoeonnesenseoenseosenesese.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    One of the best Quotes I EVER heard!!! Great Video. Thank you!

8. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  9. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    "You have a big button that says 'RACE'. Push it and the onboard computer sets the car in psycopath mode."

Hahahaha

10. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Now let's be nice nice guys...he said that was his prejudice...not the facts.

It is a kick ass video. My CS will arrive in about 3 days, so it gets my blood pumping.

My fav dude is Tiff Needell though. He is so funny.

11. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    This month's top gear magazine has a freebie attached - the best of the Top Gear's last series. Haven't watched it yet but it includes the GT3RS vs CS.

It is a "region 2" one so American Fchatters will need a DVD that can play multi-region buit as freebies go it is worth it just for this piecec of action!

12. ilo

ilo Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    I like more the quote: "Push it and the car is set to PSYCHOPATH mode "

:)

13. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    Tiff's definitely the better driver; just look at his powerslides. Clarkson seems to have a hard time executing even a single smooth and controlled drift, but in terms of showmanship, he's top class, no doubt.

One of my favorite Clarkson quotes is about the MG ZT260 which goes something like this:

"It has a 4.6L V8 from the Ford Mustang, and it's a terrible engine. It's got 2 valves per cylinder, it's made out of volcanic rock and pig iron, it produces carbon dioxide in lumps the size of houses, and it produces less power for its size than a Daewoo Matiz. It's rubbish!"

[He contradicted himself in another review (MG SV) by calling the same engine "great", but maybe there was some sarcasm involved here.]

14. bigjay

bigjay Rookie

Oct 7, 2004
    Well it was a great video but, the GT3RS was as fast, cost half as much and actually has about the same hp as seen on the dyno's the GT3RS's are coming in at around 410-415hp at the flywheel. No doubt the CS is the more exciting car but really, it's not any better than the Porsche....I have seen many comparisions and they all say that the CS is harder to launch than the GT3, oh well, great video!!

15. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Hmm, but the GT3RS driven by the journalist passed the CS driven by the F1 Team test driver when "racing" around the track. Everyone has been eerily quiet on that point. lol ;)

16. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Just like how an NSX outraced the C6. :)

17. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    All of which completely misses the point.

I love Porsches and respect what they do. But money no object (and let's face it, for people looking at even a 70k track biased car this is where we're at), I'd have the CS every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ferraris and Porsches are competitors only in terms of the performance they are trying to achieve. Someone considering one, probably wouldn't look twice at the other.

For 25k you can get the mother of all Caterham 7's that will piss on both of these round a race circuit and it can be used on the road (at least in the UK - one of the few pleasures left in the UK). So why would you really want to spend more than that?

An early RS or RSR will be part of my stable one day.

18. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I can't get enough of this video! Its Awesome!

19. codemunky

codemunky Karting

Feb 10, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Giancarlo
    Tiff, the journalist, is a journalist for Top Gear for a reason. He's an accomplished driver, having raced rally prior. Or maybe it was the other guy... Tiff can really drive well.

20. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Oh, I don't doubt it at all. The video is awesome, and the CS is pure racing sex, but that is one helluva fast VW bug then, you gotta admit. :D Does this video mean it is a scaled down version of a "Bug God"? lol

And a valid point about the Chaterhams and any "purpose built" car, but to a certain extent, that isn't comparing apples to apples. If they are so quick (and I am not arguing that point at all), why doesn't anyone race them in any numbers in "big time" racing? Are they just not safe enough / too light? Is there not a class for them?

21. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    Great Video, love them both,1 mountain, many paths. I'd have both.
    However, to my knowledge, GT3 RS is not legal for the street in the US,CS is.

22. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
  23. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have to wonder if it even Can be converted over to US specs and still be essentially the same car?

24. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Bet it can and bet it will be.