FCA trackday!!!!! | FerrariChat

FCA trackday!!!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by fatbillybob, Oct 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    FCA and POCA will be at WSIR 11/6-7. Event is 2 days $225.00 plus $30 if you do the race

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Two questions...Do you have to be an FCA or POCA member to participate? Do you have to bring a Ferrari or Porsche or could I use my own car?

3. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    Is this open to non-Ferrari cars?

What track (the Big or Streets) is this event on?

And one more thing;

"$30 if you do the race." What exactly does this mean?

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    you have to be a member of the FCA or the Pantera club to participate.

5. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    You will have to contact the FCA track chairman Kevork Hazarian of Fine Auto Service (a Ferrari Shop) @818-755-9555 to get more details. This event is sponcered by Team Pantera Orange County Racing. The FCA so cal area does events with them and sometimes with others. The 30 bucks extra is for participation in a wheel to wheel race on SAturday if you have the properly equipted car. They run 3 groups based on experience for open track SAturday and sunday with limited passing zones based on experience. Race group passes anywhere. It is on the Big Track WSIR. I am not sure if you have to be an FCA or POCA member. It sounds open to all but I am an FCA member anyway. So come on out and have some fun with other Ferraris.

6. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    What kind of lap times people turning in the race group? I have a race there the following weekend and could use this as testing.

7. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Anthony,

I have no clue in the world since I have never been with this group. My guess is that the race group will comprise more panteras than Ferraris. Also, I am not sure how many Ferrari guys really will "race" their car...as in take no chances. For Example do you think a guy in a 550 Maranello at something like $250,000 would try to pinch you off the apex while you try to pass him on the inside? With AROSC the guys would hit back. But I think I can scare the high end Ferrari guys in my Ferrari beater. I would love to see you smoke some Ferraris with what 200HP vintage Alfa? All makes are welcome at the FCA trackday. You know AROSC is at WSIR on 10/23/04. It will be my first race group with them. Come on out and give me some pointers...I need all the help I can get.

Regards,

8. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    I was thinking of using it as a test weekend. I have a new gearbox and clutch set up going into the car for the AROSC weekend and figured it'd be good to try out the new 'goods' before I race the car. Last time out, I did a 1:36 on year old tires. I figure with the new gears, clutch, and fresh set of tires, I could do 1:35's and maybe even a 1:34 IF the set up is on the money as well as the driver ;) I'll be in the race group as well so, I'll show you some lines around Willow.

9. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Any of you Ferraris coming to play?

10. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Anthony,

You and the Alfa is smoking fast. What do you think you would have to your 308 to be as fast? Do you think you could do it on stiffening the chassis with a proper cage and suspension modifications and no engine mods?