Anyone out here bought a 1/5th scale Ferrari Enzo by Sports Europe ? | FerrariChat

Anyone out here bought a 1/5th scale Ferrari Enzo by Sports Europe ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by F430-Monza, Oct 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430-Monza

F430-Monza Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Any one owns one of the above model ?

Standard model is in red body color and tan interior, and I've heard you can even custom order any color combo of your choice but at a premium.

Btw how do you find the quality and details of this huge model ?

2. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    #2 F430-Monza, Oct 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Sports Europe will be producing 399 units of this 1/5th scale Enzo exactly the same quantity as the actual car.

It was first spotted at the launch of the actual Enzo on the desk where Luca Di Montezemolo gave the press conference for the launch of the car back in 2002.

Deliveries of the models started back in late 2002 and I heard they are still available, though only afew units left.
    Price is approx US$ 3.25k to US$ 3.8k each depending on country of sale.

4. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    i'm a huge model car fan and the quality and details simply put - suck.
    the leather seats are way too plush/puffy. the engine bay is extremely low on detail - look's like a 1:5th maisto at best. and the kicker? NO OPENING PARTS, for three thousand dollars.

do yourself a favor and wait for exoto's 1:10 enzo for only $998.95. it will kick the crap out of the 1:5 in detail, and price.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think I remember seeing a big Enzo model in Jim Glickenhaus's shop.

6. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Yah I know that 3 k with no opening parts is alittle too much, and yes when Exoto 1/10 scale is out, it will be super detail and value for $$$...but I was told it will only be out in 2006 **sigh** !

But all is not lost as BBR and Exoto will both be releasing the 1/18 scale Enzo in either Dec 2004 or Jan 2005 !

In the meantime there is the new Enzo by Tamiya in 1/12 scale which is not too bad for the $$$...

7. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    yeah, mine should be here tomorrow. i actually bought it off ebay from a guy who's an fchat member!

8. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    I have one of the earliest 1/12 Enzo by Tamiya and it's one of the best rendition of this car so far !

I bet you will enjoy yours when it arrives.

Point to take note is when u put on those 4 wheels...do aligned them well with the screws before screwing...otherwise u will have incorrect offset of the wheels and the tyres will stick out and does not look right !

I actually encountered the above problem on one wheel and removed it and reattached it and now all 4 are perfect.

9. SupercarFreak

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    thanks for the tip :)

10. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    No problemo dude....many didn't know of this problem and thought Tamiya made a mistake on the wheel and wheel arch dimensions !

Oh one last thing..there is a polishing cloth included in the box, do not lose it and keep it at all times as I'm aware that quite a number of Tamiya Enzo 1/12 bodies came with micro scratches and the polishing cloth can remove these fine lines !

Also, keep that nut locking tool for the wheel as it is magnatised and if u need to remove that prancing horse nut, do not force it out by your fingers ( u may scratch and remove the yellow horse ) , just use the tip of the tool and it will remove the nut cap by magnetic pull easily.

Last but not least, when you screw those tiny screws on the front of the chassis, make sure you screw them well as they are known to drop off without u realising it.
    If u do not screw the front of the chassis to the front cowl / fenders tight enough, the bonnet will not have a precise shut line and you'll think Tamiya again got the dimensions wrong !

I've learnt this through trial and error and hope this is info is useful to those who have this model in their collection.

Happy assembly !

11. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
  12. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

IMHO, the Tamiya 1:12 Enzo owns the 1:5 one.

Ive seen prototype pix of the BBR 1:18 Enzo, and I wasnt impressed. Looks like it had a case of Mattel's 60 or 70 series rear tires. Judging from Exoto's past history, we might see their 1:10 model by the time Ferrari releases its next supercar.

Here's a few pix I took of the 1:5 @ Jim G's shop.

13. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    I've seen of the BBR 1/18 Enzo..and those tyres are borrowed from Mattel's Enzo !
    Hopefully the finished product will be correct and to scale.
    Do u also know that Kyosho is also planning a 1/12 scale Enzo after their F40 success ?

But seriously, do u think Tamiya's version should have a diecast body instead of ABS resin ?

Kyosho's Enzo will be diecast metal just like their F40 !

14. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    F430,

Where did you find information that Kyosho has plans for an Enzo 1/12? That would be good news! I recently saw Tamiyas 1/12 Enzo, and I also think it is far better than the 1/5 model by Sports Europe!

15. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was wondering what scale Mr. G's Enzo was. Thanks

16. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    They have already made that in their production agenda for the next 1/12 scale after the F40...this was mentioned in a couple of modelcar websites !

Now Kyosho is making the yellow version of the F40...after that..they will start with the Enzo.

Do you also know that CMC is also planning a 1/18 scale Ferrari 250 SWB ?
    Btw CMC is famous for their range of 1/24 and 1/18 Auto Union and Mercedes models.
    Their latest model in 1/12 scale is the Mclaren Mercedes SLR model with outstanding details.

17. F430-Monza

BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Think it's 1/5th !

18. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Great! Can't wait...