A warning to anyone in DC Metro area | FerrariChat

A warning to anyone in DC Metro area

Discussion in '308/328' started by thevirginiadude, Oct 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    There is an individual who I performed work for you have read about in my prior posts.

This person contracted me to rebuild carbs, and replace timing belts that were 26 years old.

Shortly after I completed my work this idiot overfilled his car by 8 quarts of oil.

Not surprisingly it now leaks oil. He has decided to sue me for not fixing an oil leak I was never contracted to fix, With a lawyer demanding funds returned that were never paid to me or I fix the leak for free that I didn't cause. THat happend weeks After I completed my work.

The Name is Tony Innerelli he has a Silver 1978 308 GTS with red interior, heaven help anyone who agrees to do any work for them, You have been forewarned.

This car has a non functional speedo, non functional temp guage, has been very poorly maintained. Never by a Ferrari certified Technician. If this car turns up on the market avoid it like the plauge.

Sorry to rant. But don't want anyone in this area to be suckered by this individual.

Lawsuit is pending and has not yet come to court.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    You are a mech?

3. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Were you actually served or just threatened in letter form?

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I find the OP hard to swallow because any lawyer who can read would have asked to review the work order for the car, and having seen no reference to the work "claimed" as the cause of the leak....would have told the guy he has no case.

5. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    I am not a Mech by trade. This guy WAS a friend, he begged and hounded me to fix his leaking carbs so he could drive the car, he was too cheap to pay the Ferrari dealer to fix it. He also has never done the major service. I found 26 year old timing belts on it. It has had ZERO Ferrari recomended services in 26 years.

I never agreed to fix an oil leak that at the time was non existant. Untill he overfilled it later.

Says I was paid XXXX dollars, and I didn't fix it.

Never agreed to fix anything like that, and never did. Nor was I ever paid to. The check for the work I did do was for a different ammount of money. Have my bank getting a copy that was cleared through the federal reserve as my proof.

The threat was from a lawyer, no I havn't been served.

I am procededing with a lawsuit against them for attempting to extort money from me under false pretenses.

Let them sue me, The check I was given showed it was for carb rebuild and timing belts , parts and labor. I asked them to write it on the check att the time they made it out. The reciept I made out to them also, no mention of oil leak.

They have ZERO proof of their claim.

I am going to get a restraining order filed against them.

6. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Best of luck hammering this out.

7. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    Well since I never agreed to fix an oil lak, the fact I was never paid to fix an oil leak, and the fact I never touched that car since before the oil leak occured and can pass any poligraph because never did it. He overfilled the car, buy 8 quarts.. He had oil to within 3 inches from the top end of the dip stick. Tell me that won't damage that car. His wife got real abbusive when I told them I was not doing any work I did not agree to do and was not paid to do. I only got $1,000 labor after cost of parts for Carb rebuild and replacing timing belts. They expected me to fix the ignition problem it had, (told them no way, I didn't have proper tools) for free, they are now expecting me to do the WAy WAY overdue major service for free. You all know what parts alone costs for that not counting labor. They can go straight to hell.

Now you see why I hope everyone with a ferrari or who works on a Ferrari or who wants to buy a Ferrari in my area avoids this guy like the plague. So nobody else has to go through this.

He is going to sell this car and it has a LOT of problems from neglect.

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Sorry about your problem. I appreciate you informing us, but venting before litigation might work against you. I suggest you be careful what you say as it could be used against you. If you want to inform us that there could be a potential problem with him, you have done that.

Good luck and if you both were "friends", I hope you work it out.

If you have the last 6 of the vin that could help people.

9. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    I will look for it. Not sure I still have it written down however. If I do find it I will post it so everyone here knows which 308GTS to avoid if and when it hits the market. They seem to think its worth $40K plus......with NO service records and with Unknown true milage.

After the threats his wife made, and after the threats from the lawyer to extort money for a job I was never paid to do, There is NO reconciliation.

I never wanted to do the carbs and timing belt in the first place, they came to me and hounded me to do it till I gave in to get them to shut up.

What I was paid to do I did and was done right...................

Gave them a great deal because I thought they were friends.

What would you pay at a dealer for carbs and timing belt replacement?

No good deed goes unpunished........................................

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    VADUDE,

I wouldn't keep saying bad things about this guy/car unless you are willing to defend it in court. Just post that there might be issues and the vin. People here are careful enough to research it.

11. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    I am willing to defend them in court.

And I will have my day.

12. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    sorry to read about your misfortune. there are a bunch of junk 308's on the market right now with no books, no tools, no service records to prove the mileage is real, and the sellers want top $$$ for them. then, when you approach them to buy, they refuse a PPI and a compression test. best of luck to you. i would contact a moderator or ROB LAY and remove some of those posts if i were you. best of luck to you and thank you for the warning, as i am in the market!

13. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    Why would I want anything removed? Every fact I stated is true. I was paid to rebuild carbs, and timing belt. I made him add timing belts as I refused to work on a car with 26 year old timing belts.

Their lawyer threatened to sue me for not fixing an oil leak caused by the owner sometime in the last 5 months. Which I was never paid to do and refused to fix anyway after having been threatened and offended.

Nearly half what I was paid was for parts, they demand ALL of it back for a job I have no responsibility for doing in the first place.

Ferrari of washington says there is $2,500 in parts alone for the major service this car needs. All the seals and gaskets on this car are 26 years old. I have never seen a 26 year old car that didn't leak oil.

14. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    Incidently, what is the average price to have 4 carbs completely rebuilt installed and balanced, along with replacing the timing belts and tensioner bearings on an air conditioned 308GTS? By a shop? Parts alone are $607.00

What would labor be in hours, by the labor books. Labor rates around here are high.

15. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    The last series on numbers of the VIN between the stars is "26603"

F106AS*26603* Beware this car on the grounds of poor maintenance. And milage being far in excess of what is displayed on the Speedo that is non funtional, or intermittant in function at best.

Found one of the photos I took during the job, has the VIN tag showing on the right rear of engine bay.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    F106AB*26603* would be correct...........sorry to hear this.

17. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA
    Well, thats what I get for being a nice guy.

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

THis guy got 4 carbs cleaned and rebuilt, and timing belts and tensioners replaced for $1,000 labor plus parts, and he wants to sue me for not fixing the oil leak he caused a few weeks after I finished my job for free.

Just be wary of this car should it hit the market and be even more wary of its owner.

18. thevirginiadude

thevirginiadude Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Fairfax County, VA

Looking at the photo........It is real clear its F106AS *26603*
    DGM OM on the second line.

19. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ok I believe this thread has run its course.