Questions | FerrariChat

Questions

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ilo, Oct 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ilo

ilo Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    Ok guys here I have few questions. I would like if possible that you guys leave alone money in the discussions.

Here we go:

1) I do not understand why Sauber signed Villeneuve for the next year. Why didnt they sign Vitantonio Liuzzi?

2) Why Flavio Briatore signed Fisichella. In so many years I did not see any talent from him, he always says "Oh yes I sign a contract for you, but you know I really want to drive a Ferrari"

3) Where did the "Iceman" go? Wasn't he supposed to be next world champion?

4) Where did the prodigy Alonso end up now?

5) Where is Ron Dennis now? Why isn't he bad mouthing Ferrari or anybody else?

6) Why did Williams let go of Ralf?

7) Why does JB wants to leave BAR? [I know for money but why leave a team that is second in the Constructor Championship?]

8) Where is JPM? Wasn't he also supposed to be the next world champion too?

Ok I think I got everything off my chest :) . I really cannot stand every year when they say well this will be the next world champion, and sometime I cannot stand how some people behave like children "Mr. Mosley, Mr. R. Brown he is cheating but we dont know how"
    Stuff like that just infuriates me.
    Hope somebody will show me the light that up to now I did not see.

Cheers ilo

2. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    - I guess Villeneuve is a known quantity. Peter Sauber obviously believes the hype and he thinks that JV will be able to help the team develop. JV is a very popular driver so sponsorship opportunities will follow him.

- Fisi is a pretty handy driver. In a decent car I think he might shine. His fellow drivers certainly rate him highly.

- He drives a McLaren. I think he'll come good. JB was meant to be the next big thing. It's taken a few years but he's matured into a great driver. I think KR will do the same.

- See above. I think Alonso will be there fighting with KR and JB for 2nd place anytime soon (obviously MS will still be number 1!).

- Who cares!! He is an odious little man with a severe persecution complex. He tends to be fairly quiet when his team is not winning. Long may it continue (JPM what have you done?!).

- Because he wanted too much money and he's not a very good driver or team player.

- Williams have proved that they know how to win. Williams are in a trough and they will improve. BAR have never won a race. Do they know how to?

- He knows he's leaving the team and he probably realises he's made a mistake by going to McLaren. This must effect his motivation.

Basically, the problem for most of the drivers is that they are not Michael and the problem for most of the teams is that they are not Ferrari. If they can just solve those problems they may start to acheive something!!

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    1) I do not understand why Sauber signed Villeneuve for the next year. Why didnt they sign Vitantonio Liuzzi?
    It probably just a little too early for Liuzzi to have a race seat. The norm these days seems to be a testing role before an F1 seat. Villeneuve is a former world champion. It helps attract sponsors and during negotiations to say that you have a former world champion racing for you.

2) Why Flavio Briatore signed Fisichella. In so many years I did not see any talent from him, he always says "Oh yes I sign a contract for you, but you know I really want to drive a Ferrari"
    Flavio is under the impression that Fisichella can push Alonso and give him some competition from within the team. I think Flavio has it right, if Fisichella delievers. Fisichella won't ever drive for Ferrari. The closest he got to Ferrari was with Sauber unsing a Ferrai engine.

3) Where did the "Iceman" go? Wasn't he supposed to be next world champion?
    McLaren let him down. Next year will be interesting with Kimi not only having to deal with McLaren's incapabilities but also Montoya's insanity.

4) Where did the prodigy Alonso end up now?
    Alonso has done well for himself. He is still maturing. It will take at least 2 to 3 years before he can even challenge for the world championship.

5) Where is Ron Dennis now? Why isn't he bad mouthing Ferrari or anybody else?
    Ron Dennis had to insert foot in mounth after this year. If he has any self respect left, we will probably never hear from him.

6) Why did Williams let go of Ralf?
    According to Sir Frank Williams and Ralf, it was time for a change. This means Frank wanted a low cost driver and Ralf wanted a bigger pay check. Ralf needs a team that it built around him. Toyota can be that team. it just depends on how well Ralf can influence the Japanese bosses.

7) Why does JB wants to leave BAR? [I know for money but why leave a team that is second in the Constructor Championship?]
    This will be the closest BAR ever come to winning a world champioship. The reasons why BAR are second in the constructors championship are
    a) McLaren and to some extent Williams performed poorly.
    b) Jenson Button's driving skills
    BAR will return backto midfield because they continue to support the Honda poster boy Sato. JB has made a very smart move by going to Williams. WIlliams is a team that has the resources to challenge for the Championship and his partner will be Mark Webber. Do you want to be on a team with Mark Webber or with Sato? The choice is clear.

8) Where is JPM? Wasn't he also supposed to be the next world champion too?
    JPM will never be a world champion. He belong back to driving in circles.