Easy Money Take 2 | FerrariChat

Easy Money Take 2

Discussion in '360/430' started by SoftwareDrone, Oct 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well... after refinancing both of my homes and finding some excellent auto financing (7 years @ 5%) at Alliance Credit Union, I'm just about ready to get myself into a Mondena F1. Trouble is, I haven't even ridden in one yet! I went around the block in one at about 15 MPH but I don't consider that a test ride. And, believe it or not, despite my many postings about the logistics of the paddle shifters, I still have many questions. Simple questions. So, I'm again offering a hundred thank you bucks for anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area that would be willing to give me a ride or let me drive their Monena F1 for a bit. I still have the option to buy back my blown/injected, 410HP NSX for 40 grand, and want to see if the Mondena is really 3 times the car before spending 3 times the money on one.
    Any takers?
    Thanks!
    :)
    Mike
    http://northwest.nsxca.org/mike.html

2. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Is the Modena 3 times the car your SC NSX is? Well, only you can say if it is or it isn't, but don't expect too much of a difference, speed-wise, imo. I never driven a Ferrari before either, but I did get a chance to drive a very clean largely stock, (except for brakes & tires) NSX recently, and found it to be a very nice driving car, esp when you got it in the upper rev range! Hope someone takes you up on that offer. Keep us posted.

3. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Do dealers not let you go for test drives in the US?

In all objective terms, it isn't going to be 3x the NSX you have. You may even find it slower.

In most subjective terms, it will be. And if you're a Ferrari nut (refinancing your house and taking out a fat loan *before* you've even been in one properly would suggest you are!), make that *all* subjective terms.

4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    >>>Do dealers not let you go for test drives in the U.S.?

Well there ya go; my 15 MPH ride around the block.

:)