Mt. Baldy Run #2 | FerrariChat

Mt. Baldy Run #2

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Oct 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I am thinking about doing another Mt. Baldy Run (the last one was FUN!).

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17TH! AT 11AM?

Last time, it was an exciting cruise up Mt. Baldy's twisting banked roads and reach heights of well over 3,000 feet. This was definitely not a road to test the speed skills, as one mistake could get you in trouble real fast. We kept the speeds reasonable to enjoy the fantastic scenery. Besides, going up this road isn't about speed, it's about the pure excitement of the tight left and right turns, and sometimes even surprising sharp 180-degree turns. We took the infamous Glendora Ridge Road, a 20-mile stretch of mountain road that require skills and focus from the drivers.

- Pictures from the last event: http://www.foursafewheels.org/MtBaldyRun04.html

If you are interested, sign up here!

Patrick Shim
    310-927-7410
    [email protected]

2. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    Gotta finish with the DMV hassles and gotta get a OEM spec fuel pump. When that happens, I'm game!

3. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

Cool! So far I have a couple of 360s coming, and a Porsche Turbo. It should be fun drive, and I am thinking about taking the Azusa Caynon Road (about 30 minutes longer than the Glendora Caynon Rd., that we took during the Mt. Baldy Run #1).

Look forward to seeing you!

4. codemunky

codemunky Karting

Feb 10, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Giancarlo
    have locals check it at the time...as far as I know, they are closing Glendora Mountain Road till November. Forest fire season.

5. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Where is Mt.Baldy?

6. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    In So. Cal., near Claremont. About 45 mins east of L.A. (where 57-fwy and 210-fwy meets).

7. yellowbox

yellowbox Rookie

May 14, 2004
    Walnut, CA
    Patrick, can you post the map of the drive? I may do a test drive before the event.

thanks

8. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Love to join you guys but cannot make it on the 17th. Any thing happening on the 24th?

Enjoy and take a lot of pictures.

:)

9. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

Here's the map. We are taking the Azusa Canyon, instead of the Glendora Cyn. (the longer but more fun drive).

10. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I went up there on the 26th of sept and there was a sign stating it would close starting from 27th. Dunno when it will reopen.

11. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

Oh.... I'll go and check it out this weekend... Anyone wanna come with? If it's closed, let's go and grab a sandwitch at the Mt. Baldy Inn.

12. codemunky

codemunky Karting

Feb 10, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Giancarlo
    Closed about the end of November. Watch for Sheriff. A little bird told me it's hot.

13. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I will be there in my m3, hehe as long as you dont mind a bmw tagging along, last time i was up there glendora ridge was closed, are you sure it will be open for this?

14. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Yeah, the road is closed.... :(

Let's do this when it opens again.... but anyone wanna do small get together and get some beer or something? (high-performance cars and beer?)

15. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    That isnt the only road in southern california, just plan on same thing different road.

16. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    yea, there are lots of other roads. Just pick one that is less crowded (palomar, Ortega). Maybe some of the adjacent roads of santiago? (Modejska or silverado)

17. caseykimma

caseykimma Formula 3

Jun 5, 2004
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Casey
    I'd love to drive up there from San Diego with my M3 and meet/drive with you guys. Is this going to happen? I've been watching the thread, hoping...

Casey

18. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Hey Casey, I am from san diego as well, maybe we should make this an m3/ferrari cruise ;)

19. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    Ortega not crowded!? Have you ever driven down this road?

I'd be up for a Palomar Run. Went with a group of guys last month and spend over half the day carving up the roads around and up Palomar Mnt (and there was little to no traffic at all).

Right on!!! Seeing as how I also have a M3 and I'm from San Diego (La Jolla) I'm liking this idea a lot (maybe us M3 boys/gals should do an M3 run of our own?)!

20. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Yea that sounds good let me know when you want to get together, I went driving for 290 miles today, man that was fun, hehe, cant wait to go next week with you guys if we get something going here. BTW if any of you have aol instant messanger my screen name is: sportcars14a talk to me on there and we can meet up!

-Nick

21. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Went on palomar today, among other roads, chp was hangin out at the rest spot about half way up the front side. Luckily a guy in an older civic with rims was pulled over to the side of the first rest stop and waved to me the sign to slow down, and i did and there was good old chp, i took it easy the rest of the day on the mountain. I want to find some good Canyon roads, some of the roads up to Julian were nice, 80-90mph 3rd gear bends, I like cayons better hehe at lower altitude, the roads are kind of level with no real radical slopes like going up or down a mountain, feels more like a real race course, hehe, if you know of any roads we can do a "spirited drive" within speed limits let me know ;)

22. caseykimma

caseykimma Formula 3

Jun 5, 2004
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Casey
    Sportscar14a / Sting,

Have you guys been to CC on the weekends to meet up with any of the F-car guys? I've been wanting to go, but have had to work some wknds, so it hasnt worked out. Looks like there's a lot of interest in this upcoming wknd (16OCT), and I know it'd be early (7AM), but i wouldnt mind getting up early, meeting and then driving up if you guys were game.

Casey

23. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I dont mind waking up early, If you want to meet up some time this week and get some coffee or something we can meet eachother and talk about what time to meet up sat. morning, we would probably have to leave about 5:30am or so. Just let me know what day you both are availible and we can meet up that evening for some coffee or something and talk about this weekend!

24. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    I might be able to go to CC; have to see what is going on later in the week before I can clearly state that I can go.

I would like to go with a drive with other M owners (these Ferraris' are just too fast!) up/down/around Palomar. Both you guys send me an email so we stop thread-jacking here. Cool?