Any watch lovers or collectors here ? | FerrariChat

Any watch lovers or collectors here ?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by F430-Monza, Oct 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430-Monza

F430-Monza Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Please share your favourite timepieces here

2. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I love these

1. Tag Monaco
    [​IMG]

2. Omega Speedmaster Schumacher
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also like some of the Breitling chronographs ... but watches dont last very long with me - I always break the strap or scratch it up or something :( ...

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I think I gave a new favorite watch - that last omega you linked to.

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I'm a big watch fan and hope to collect one day. Here is my list of favs:

IWC Portuguese
    IWC DaVinci
    Chopard Mille Miglia
    Patek Philip Gran Complication
    Rolex Stainless Steel Daytona
    Jaeger Reverso

One day I hope to have these. For the meantime I love my Rolex GMT Master II in all stainless with the black/red bezel

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yoshi? Where are you Yoshi? He's a watch addict of the first degree, makes my addiction look like simple recreation.

I have a Tag Kirium Chrono, an Omega Speedmaster, and an Oris Divers Regulator. I want a Graham Chronofighter, a UTS Commander, and an Ernst Benz Chronolunar.

6. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I'm an avid collector and buy & sell quite a few pieces on a frequent basis. I currently have the following on my winder...

IWC Portuguese 3714
    Chopard Mille Miglia
    Rolex Stainless Steel Daytona
    Jaeger Reverso Duo Grand Sport
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chrono
    Panerai PAM48
    Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945
    Breitling Aerospace Titanium
    Ulysse Nardin Michelangelo UTC SS/SS
    Wittnaur Vintage Day/Date

The list is ever changing and it's more of a sickness than a hobby at this point. I love it!

7. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    While not in the big leagues like you folksm, I love Jorg Hysek. While minor to some, his use of 1,5,7, and 11 instead of the typical 3,6,9,12 just makes me love it to no end. :)

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Yep.

My favourites would be Patek Philippe, Jeager-LeCoultre, Omega and Rolex.

Pictured Below:

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow
    Omega Seamaster Professional ref. 2531.80.00

Both use self-winding mechanical movements.

9. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I also like one of the 80s Dunhill watches - It had a very simple but classy deisgn ... with a white face and had like painted roman numerals on it. Cant recall the name of it ...

Also like Omega moonwatch - the original one...

10. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    You mean this one?

Omega Speedmaster Professional Ref. 3570.50.00
    Manual-winding chronograph movement, caliber Omega 1861
    Hesalite crystal

11. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Love watches, wish I could own more of them. Of the ones I'm lucky enough to own, Rolex blue TT sub and white tt daytona are favorites along with GP Pour Ferrari Chrono in SS and Tag Monza, Black face. Lately I fall asleep dreaming of cruising around in my 550 Barchetta (not that I don't love my 328) with a Jeager Master Geogrphic in Rose gold on my wrist! Wish I could afford either right now.

12. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Yep...

13. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    Hey there, I currently own two Rolexes, two-tone , oyster and jubilee bracelet, datejust, white dial and jubilee off white dial, love them so much! :) I'm still 22, so give me time as Eric's collection is quite impressive!
    Took these last week before the sunday shootout, enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. black&tan328

black&tan328 Rookie

May 13, 2004
    #14 black&tan328, Oct 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. black&tan328

black&tan328 Rookie

May 13, 2004
    #15 black&tan328, Oct 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think he means this one, c1962. Wally Schirra wore one just like it in orbit.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Damn! the other one posted By Admiral looks just like it. Must be a newer version of the same

As a kid I liked the watch worn by Mr.Flint - had several functions on it ... including a spring like thing to wake him up from deep sleep :)

17. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I believe that's the same watch, except with slightly different case horns and a leather band instead of a bracelet. The internals, dial (except for the missing "Professional" on the 1960's version) and crystal are identical to the version that can be bought today.

You can also buy varients of the moonwatch which have a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal instead of the hesalite (chosen and still used by NASA because of its shatter-proof properties), as well as a self-winding mechanical movement instead of the manual-winding one.

18. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    Tag Heuer Ayrton Senna. I'm brazillian...

19. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    In 1986, TAG Heuer started a partnership with the McLaren Formula 1 team, and have been associated with Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna, Gerhard Berger, Mika Hakkinen, David Coulthard and Kimi Raikkonen since that time.

Ayrton Senna actually wore a varient of the TAG Heuer S/el series, standing for Sport and Elegance. This series was launched in 1987 and was the predecessor to the current Link series, introduced in 1999.

The TAG Heuer Link Chronograph Ayrton Senna Commemorative Edition is pictured below.

20. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Well, I spoke too soon. There are some sick watches on this thread.

I wear a citizen promaster that's about to be retired for an ecodrive skyhawk. I also have a communist era russian navy kinetic submariners watch. I don't think anyone will be shocked to hear that it doesnt work.

And then my Ferrari-chic (or is it Ferrari-geek?) watch. It's pretty cool,, for being cheap and made in hong kong. And the CF weave reflects light like raw CF weave should.
    http://www.goal888.com/ebay/watch/ferrariwatch153.1.jpg

21. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It looks as if cars and watches are a shared passion.

I collect vintage Hamilton watches from the early 1900s to the 60s. Are any of you familiar with Hamilton electric watches? Currently I'm on the road but when I get home I'll post a pic of one.

22. black&tan328

black&tan328 Rookie

May 13, 2004
    In fact, the movement in the current Speedmaster is not the same as in the early 1960s. Back then it had a calibre 321 which was replaced by the calibre 861 circa 1968. Soon afterwards the NASA "moonwatch" engraved case back appeared. Most experts agree that the early calibre 321 version was actually the first watch on the moon. They are rarer and more valuable than the later ones. The visible difference is that the Omega logo on the dial is metal, instead of paint. Both were manual wind. That wasn't a problem as automatic movements don't self wind in a weightless environment.

23. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well I have a bunch on my list of "stuff to get", but currently I have a yellow Omega Speedmaster Reduced - the first edition of the "Schumacher" Speedmasters, a 1954 Omega bumperwind automatic (14K gold/silver twotone dial) and a 1960 Omega Constellation (SS/black dial with gold markers and dauphine hands). Both of the vintage watches are in original condition (no repainted dials) and in fantastic shape.

I also have a reissue of the Hamilton Boulton II that I wear from time to time (sorry, no pun intended).

No pix handy - maybe later.

Cheers
    Kevin

24. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    How about some of these Wengers - for a man on a budget

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I love watches but I can't afford to buy $1000 watches all the time. But I've recently found you don't need to spend a fortune to get interesting watches. The russian watches are pretty cool and not to expensive as well.

Tag Heuer Se/El
    Tag Heuer F1
    Luminox SS Navy Seals Diver
    Zodiac - I look forward to getting a few more of these.
    Poljot ISS Chronograph
    Vostok Europe K-3 Submarine