Tri State Area Parking Garage? | FerrariChat

Tri State Area Parking Garage?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by RMmodena, Oct 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    Does anyone know of any parking garages in the tri state area that are safe for parking exotics? I have a friend who wants to park his exotics in an indoor parking garage with excellent security and access to his cars whenever he wants. He wants to park at least 7 of his cars in the garage and may want to park more in the future. Any help would be appreciated.

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ask PChop

3. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ouch.

4. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    tri-state area is a pretty big radius... anywhere in particular? in nyc? near nyc? if out on long island is okay the bridgehampton guys could be a good option.

5. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY

Your right, i should be more specific. As close to NYC as possible. Thanks :)

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    so u mean in NYC preferrably? or not in NYC but as close to NYC as u can get?

7. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    that helps. i only have experience with a couple of garages right in nyc, which might cost more than you'd want for seven cars... (at least $2000-$2500+/mo, quite likely more)

one i used that would be large enough but their quality of service slid and I stopped using them. might still be worth a shot and they have a few long-term exotics that people still park there. it's the large garage underneath the building taking up 8th to 9th ave and 15th to 16th st. (entrance opposite the maritime hotel) they definitely have 24 hour security and they have the space to park them within view of their office.

where i am now is great but they're very small and i don't think there are 7 "exotic" spaces available.

again if long island's an option the bmc guys in bridgehampton are really set up for this kind of thing, but I think they're way out there. maybe some of our nj guys have ideas outside but near the city...

8. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    Either. In NYC or in NY state or NJ, within an hour or so from the city is fine also.

9. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    Thanks a lot for the help. What happened to the quality that made you take your business elsewhere? Is the 24 hour security electronic (cameras, alarms...) or security guards, or both? I am assuming vehicles may be removed 7 days a week, 24 hours a day? Thanks again, i really appreciate it.

10. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Easy Player.

11. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    They starting jamming the cars in tighter than they used to, resulting in occasional dings. They also always used to let me back into my own space and leave it (even if that meant having them move a couple cars around right away so I could do so) but towards the end they just insisted I leave the car out for them to park once they got a chance to. That meant more starts and even on occasion I saw them trying to move the car with the brake on.

Both these things correspond to what seemed to be a change in management sometime last spring. I know there are cameras on the ramps but I'm not positive about the parking area... I would expect there would be. There are attendants there 24 hours/7 days but I'm not sure about separate security guards.

Since the practices seemed to change with the garage's management I wouldn't be surprised if talking to the right person about parking 7 or more monthlies wouldn't get them to consider an exception by which your cars could always be in certain spaces with a wider than usual berth (they do have the room for that). They used to do that routinely for my car, as well as another ferrari and a bentley. When it stopped I just didn't feel it was worth negotiating with them for about one car, and I picked a garage that was more convenient to me anyway.

12. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    the garages that i have dealt with in NYC do not have that much security with their car inhabitants. however, if u are ok with average security for you cars, the best parking lot that i have had experience as a 'monthly parker' since 1996 would be the one located on:

38th street (btween 1st and 2nd ave).

but anywhere, it's all about the $$$$. if u are willing to pay, u will get what u want.

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Look who woke up!

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    #14 ClydeM, Oct 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    75 Park Place, on west Broadway between Murray Street and Park Place. Walking distance to WFC.

My 355 is often the cheapest piece of crap in the place. They frequently have Murcis, Rolls, Diablos, Bentleys, AMGs, etc. In the summer, the whole ground floor is exotics. Busta Rhymes keeps 3 or 4 cars there. I've even seen him leave his Spyker there. you pick the spot, pad it how you want, lock it, keep the key.

Warning: It ain't cheap.

212 732 6637 Ask for george.

16. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    Thanks a lot, i will call George tomorrow for further details. Just making sure, this place has 24 hour access, correct? Thanks again :)

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    - 24 hour access

- 24 hour attendant(s)

- Dedicated security guard weekdays 7a to 7p

- Garage doors closed from midnight to 6a (attendant will open for you)

18. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY

Your the best, thanks for taking the time. :)

19. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    My pleasure! Keep me in mind if any of the exotics need "moving". I live across the street. :)

20. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    And if your 355 needs moving, ill drive into the city :D

21. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    If some of these cars are not going to be driven around to much you might want to consider leaving them out on the island at BMC. The prices will be much cheaper than the city and its always 24 hour access there. There only 5 minute walk from the train station as well. I have been there and its a nice facility in a great area. There a sponser here. Just some info and trying to help
    http://www.bridgehamptonmotoringclub.com/

22. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY

Yes, their facility is beautiful and if they were a bit closer it would be perfect. Problem is that they are 2 hours away and these cars are actually driven.

23. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You may want to keep six out of the seven at BMC and one in the city. You will save a fortune and be at a world class facility with the best security and zero risk of third party damage. You can also see your cars on the internet by accessing our pan/tilt/zoom cameras with the software we provide.

Leave the one you use the most in the city and when you are bored swap it out at BMC. This time of year the drive is about 1:15-1:30 depending on when you leave.

You can see the facility at www.bridgemc.com. To see the livecams without the software go to the link on the facilities page and put your internet security settings on low and enable all ActiveX options. The username is visitor and the password is bmc.

Email me here if you have any questions.

Best,

Rob

www.bridgemc.com

24. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    who owns and drives 7 cars? and if they can afford to do that...why not just build a garage :)

25. RMmodena

RMmodena Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Rockland County NY
    He owns a lot more than 7 seven cars! Him and his three sons drive them all the time and i dont think there is any room to build another garage near their house. They all work in the city anyways.