[DFW FCA] "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally, Oct 23 2004 | FerrariChat

[DFW FCA] "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally, Oct 23 2004

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Greetings,

I'm pleased to announce that the FCA "Strade di Autunno" (Autumn Roads) Fall Rally on Saturday, October 23rd will commence from Denton at 9:30 AM and arrive in Muenster at approximately 11:30 AM. The current route covers about 100 miles of back roads through the North Texas area, and takes pretty close to 2 hours to run.

We'll be ending up at a casual restaurant in Meunster that serves some great Weiner Schnitzel and Bratwurst. They also have more normal foods for those who want that. We'll have some reserved parking at the restaurant, and a private dining area.

Afterwards it's just a quick blast down Hwy 82 to I35 and back to the Metromess.

To make thing interesting for the passengers, the tour will incorporate a Question and Answer contest, in which each team must try to answer questions and puzzles about the roads and towns they're passing through. Trophies will be awarded for first and second place in the contest.

An application will be available on the DFW website at http://www.fcadfw.com by Monday, Sept 27. Entry cost is $30 to cover the cost of insurance and prizes. You are responsible for your lunch costs.

Just as a reminder, our insurance requires that you be an FCA member to drive a car in this event. The car you drive does not have to be a Ferrari -- but I would strongly recommend something that handles well.

Rain date, just in case, is Oct 30.

If you have questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    That sounds awesome! Based on the roads you've been checking out, and the great lunch stop, I think its going to be a fabulous rally!

Unfortunately, I'm booked (my kid competes at a big international Taekwondo championship) that day. So, y'all kill some bugs for me!

3. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I'm interested very much, but cannot commit as of now. I think there's some event on 10/23 or 10/30 by Texas Driver Mag, too, at MSR. Also have a final for my softball team around that time...

Is there limit of numbers for cars which can participate?

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Texas Driver has an event on the 30th. Hopefully we won't have to use the rain date, but it's prudent to have one.

I think that over 20 cars or 40 people is going to get a bit awkward at the restaurant, but we might can squeeze a few more in. We'll worry about that when the date is closer.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will be in of course. I'm going to do some research about staying up there the afternoon and staying the night before coming back to Lineback for the F1 watching Sunday. Let me know if anyone is interested. Don't they have an Octoberfest up there? Although it's probably not when we're there.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Germanfest is in April up there. If you want to stay overnight I would recommend running across Hwy 82 to Gainesville, it's only 15 miles or so away.

The Rally is officially over after lunch. After that point everyone is welcome to explore Muenster, hang out at the tavern, go to the Gainesville Factory Stores, head home, whatever makes you happy.

Official Muenster webpage: http://www.ci.muenster.tx.us/

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The route is officially Speed Racerette approved :D

(don't worry, she has no advantage on the questions)

Thanks for the help! Here's some sample pics to get a feel for the tour.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Oh Ok, this is not far from St. Jo. There are indeed some great roads back there.

10. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Entry forms are now available at the DFW Ferrari Club of America webpage. Please feel free to join in!

http://www.fcadfw.com/

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Just one note: The Center restaurant serves very large portions, and makes some excellent desserts. If you join us, you may want to eat a light breakfast, or order dessert first :D

I can strongly recommend the cherry strudel

12. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Then why are you going to Cracker Barrel?

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Just threw it out as an option.

14. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The entry form is posted on the website in MS Word and RTF formats. For your convenience, I have attached the Word document here also.

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Greetings.

We are happy to announce that this month's Strade di Autunno fun rally will now be free to participants. We were able to review the insurance situation and had the event reclassified so as to not require an extra premium. This change enables us to remove the entry fee. In addition, non-members of the FCA are now allowed to participate in the event. Participants who are not members will not be covered under the FCA liability insurance.

Those who have sent in payment with their entry form will have their checks returned at the event.

An entry form is still requested if you wish to participate. This is for planning purposes and for restaurant reservations. You can use the current form available at http://www.FCADFW.com in the upper right. A modified entry form will be posted by Wednesday, October 6.

With these changes we may have to limit the number of cars. In that unlikely case, preference would go first to FCA members, then to nonmembers driving exotics.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tillman Strahan at [email protected]

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The new entry form is now available on the website, and is also attached here.

Thanks
    T

17. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I just submitted the entry form. Thanks Tillman.

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Thanks Yoshi!

I should mention that it's fine to email the form, now that there's no money involved.

There's already 10 Ferraris signed up

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Any more entries?

20. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yeah, how many cars are we up to? I've been trying to get a guy w/ a Grigio Ingrid 575 to join us, but doubt that he will.

21. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well, I haven't gotten a lot of actual entry forms yet. Some people don't like paperwork.

Based on what I've been told, we should be around 10 cars, which I find somewhat dissapointing. However, it's only the first time this event has been put on. I have invited the Panteras too.

For those on the fence about this, the restaurant has great food! The route's not shabby either.

I'm probably making another test run this weekend. The route and questions are pretty much finalized, but I wanted to try an alternate for part of it to see how it feels.

22. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I wonder if I could count the 10:

Me
    Rob
    Tillman
    Frances
    Yoshi
    Jano
    Greg S
    Ron and Steph
    ummm....
    2 from Ft. Worth? a 575 and a 360 maybe?

Ok, that's 10. How'd I do?

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I don't really want to get into specifics on a public board, unless the partipant has posted on the thread

24. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ok, give me percentages. Did I get 80%? :D

25. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001